Skip to main content

K2 Ambulance rear wheels and brakes

More
9 years 2 months ago #153685 by Oldcarhauler
Hi everyone,

I ended up with a complete K2 rear end and only need the springs, diff housing and centre. Is anyone interested in the wheels and brakes from the end of the diff housing out?
16 inch wheels and 8 stud drums. No idea the condition of the brakes but assuming they would need a rebuild.
Can remove and strap to a pallet, would be sent minus tyres to save freight costs.
Looking for $100, located on the Southside of Brisbane.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 9 months ago #235946 by rupert
Hi I am
interested in these parts, also as you have the chassis there are other bits i am interest in,

I know a bit late here but I did set this forum up correctly.
regs
Rupert

More
1 year 9 months ago #235949 by hayseed
Rupert ,Oldcarhauler hasn't logged in since August 2021.!!
So send him a PM via Ch40 & hope He's ticked the box for email notifications of PM.s otherwise Your S.O.L.

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lang, rupert

More
1 year 9 months ago #235964 by Lang
Rupert they are just standard Ford or Chevrolet blitz wheels. Choice of 16 or 20 inch same bolt pattern.

Lang
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, rupert, PaulFH

More
1 year 9 months ago #236005 by rupert
Hi Lang,
I gathered they would be the same botl pattern as the CMP's
the diffrence is they are a taper rim(i hope I got this right) this makes the rim a little larger,
the CMP are parallel rims, so Walace wade 1050x16's fit straight on, so i should get a set of these rims,as well.
but there new 1050 x 16 WD type tyres being made.
But I am one short of a set, of orignal WD type rims and I was hoping there maybe othere ambo. bits so a job lot.
plus I am want to know more about these Austin Ambulances that came to Australia in 1942, as only
3 remain in part, looks like Larke Hoskins bought most of them up, and were still trying to sell the chassis in 1954,
cheers Rupert

More
1 year 9 months ago #236011 by Lang
Rupert

Go onto the MLU Forum (Maple Leaf Up). Those people know EVERYTHING about British Commonwealth vehicles. There are many threads on the K2 Ambulances.

You could well be right but I believe there were British Rims and American rims (Flat and tapered). I have used 9.00-16 ND tyres with both "For British Rims" or "For American Rims" stamped on them. The tapered tyres are a very tight fit and damn hard to get off Blitz flat rims but will work.

I will see if I can find an answer about the rim taper on K2.

Lang
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

More
1 year 9 months ago #236029 by Lang
Rupert

By coincidence MLU has just put up a great thread on these wheels. Everything you need to know.

www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31302

Lang
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, rupert, PaulFH

More
1 year 8 months ago #236832 by Oldcarhauler
Evening Rupert,
I had not been on here in quiet some time.

Someone came and grabbed the wheels a long time ago, the diff recently went to scrap unfortunately. I do still have the 1/2 chassis there, it was cut into a farm trailer before I dragged it home.
I will send you a message with my number incase I still have any bits that you need.

More
1 year 8 months ago #237180 by rupert
Hi Peter,
I am trying not to ask for everything,

most importantly, rear shocks,

then these bits

regs
Rupert

there maybe the rear step rail which would be good.

also if you can get a picture of the rear chassis cross member from the rear, to cover about 12" each side of the centre line, and of the lower section(underneath) as well.
regs
Rupert

More
1 year 8 months ago - 1 year 8 months ago #237181 by Lang
Early Holden will do the job. Many English vehicles including Jaguar, Morris, Austin, MGB etc had very similar units. A lot of American vehicles of the 30-50 period had lever shock absorbers that also could be adapted. I am sure that they would be adequate for a 35 mph vehicle of any size.

Some were single action (worked on rebound only) but double action are a good improvement in ride.

Here is a Holden one.

That tow ring could be easily replicated by getting a "D" shackle of the same dimensions and heating the ends to twist to an eye pleasing right angle position. If it was just for show and you don't have oxy just cut, twist and weld the eyes in position. Once dressed and painted nobody will know.
Last edit: 1 year 8 months ago by Lang.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, rupert

Time to create page: 0.532 seconds