Skip to main content

Clearing Sales

More
7 years 4 months ago #176909 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Clearing Sales
At the local car club last night someone reported that the XC Van was expensive at $26,000. I thought given it was complete and rust free it was good value. They are very hard to find in good condition and XA - XC are popular at the moment. It would be replace all the rubber hoses, drain and replace fuel and brake fluid and drive away - all for the price of paint job these days

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #176925 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Clearing Sales
Theres always knockers and those that reckon they could have got you cheaper last week !!!!

I reckon if its as good as I think it may be 26 grand is pretty cheap you try buying a XC panelvan cutting out the rust giving it a paint rebuilding the motor and finding all those little bits and pieces that have fallen off over the years and I reckon you would chew thru your 26 grand quick as a flash

like when someone is trying to sell a restored truck and people balk at the price you try doing up one and you can chew thru some serious coin in a heart beat but what would I know ???

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
7 years 4 months ago #176941 by bparo
you and I are thinking alike. Is that dangerous? :) :cheer:

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #176942 by oldgmc
Replied by oldgmc on topic Clearing Sales
Considering it only had delivery miles on it and a one owner vehicle they were lucky to get it for that price, I've been down the restore road spent the money and lost heavily the only consolation is it went to a good home

Old trucks will make you poor but not unhappy
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by oldgmc.

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #176947 by defective
Replied by defective on topic Clearing Sales

oldgmc wrote: Considering it only had delivery miles on it and a one owner vehicle they were lucky to get it for that price, I've been down the restore road spent the money and lost heavily the only consolation is it went to a good home

...We all saw how you struggled to get a decent price for your beautiful GMC, but it might be something to do with their relative obscurity in Australia and possibly a lack of interest because of that ??

...They were the premium brand of heavy trucks in the GM corporation world....admittedly built to production line standards.
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by defective.

More
7 years 4 months ago #176962 by oldgmc
Replied by oldgmc on topic Clearing Sales
It wasn't a pickup so it wasn't cool and being a bigger vehicle it made people baulk because of storage and speed issues well that's my thinking and I've got to face facts eventually

Old trucks will make you poor but not unhappy

More
7 years 4 months ago #176963 by Gryphon
Replied by Gryphon on topic Clearing Sales
Hi,

Some details from the auction thanks to Barry O''Connor, scribe at NEMOG's who has been supplying all my knowledge and images of the auction.

Terry

"...
All vehicles were sold ‘as found’, unregistered and without roadworthy certificates, with the exception of the
Holden Astra which was registered, and was sold with a RWC. All vehicles were complete with the exception
of a battery in some cases, and there was no additional charge for the significant coating of dust.
With the exception of the Austin A55, all vehicles have been stored in a large enclosed garage, in dry
conditions. All vehicles were in original condition and it would have to be said, they were in well above average
condition for age.

1958 Austin A55 Ute. This vehicle has been stored under a carport and as a result had been subjected to some
weathering. Registration expired February 1982. There was an operator/owner’s manual for this car. Odometer
showing 20,746 miles. Sold for $10,500… Yes $10,500.

1954 FJ Holden Special Sedan. Built, July 1954. Car was black with red interior. The interior of this car was in
excellent condition. Odometer showing 11,823 miles. Registration expired August 1980. Registration was
GEO-733. Not sure what papers came with this car. Sold for $26,000.

FJ Holden Utility. Odometer showing 87,447 miles. Registration expired 1986. Rego No. was BGV-075.
Cockatoo Cream with red interior. For its age the interior of this ute was very good. Lap seat belts had been
fitted. Not sure what papers came with this car. Sold for $27,000.

Austin Healey ‘Bug Eye’ Sprite. Odometer showing 10,282 miles. Reg. No. GYV-969. Rego expired May
1975. This was her first car. Believed to have been parked when the 260Z was purchased. No visible structural
rust, but paint and interior were in original condition. Only had the soft top which was well past it’s ‘use by’
date. The original delivery papers and owners books came with the car. Sold for $21,000……yes $21,000.

1974 Datsun 260Z. Odometer showing 66,404 kms. Rego expiry date unknown as there is no sticker on the
vehicle. Built May 1974. It was a 2+2 Auto. Believed to have been owned since new, and parked when the
Astra was purchased in 2007. Original owners and service books came with the car. Sold for $21,500.

1975 Ford XC Falcon 500 van. This could be considered a ‘new’ vehicle. Odometer showing 191 kms. The
vehicle is believed to have been driven from Broadmeadows to Benalla and stored. It had all of the standard
‘500’ factory fitted options, including side windows, cargo area floor mat, reclining bucket seats with central
arm rest, carpet to front floor, side body mouldings, full hood lining etc. Paint is ‘Fireglow’. Built in September
1978 it would have been amongst the last to be built. It had a 200 ci (3.3 litre) six cylinder motor with a three
speed column shift manual transmission. This vehicle was also fitted with an AM/FM/CB combination radio.
The owner is known to have purchased two of these vans. One was put to work in their joinery business and this
one ‘parked’. As advised by the agent, this vehicle had never been registered. Sold for $37,000.

2007 Holden Astra Twin Top Convertible built March 2007. Rego No. UVH-025 was current until 29 th June
2017. This vehicle was registered, and sold with a roadworthy certificate. Owners papers and service books
came with the car. Odometer showing a little over 3,100 kms. Vehicle was in excellent condition and sold for
$10,500, perhaps the ‘bargain’ of the day.

Agent’s pre-auction estimate was a little over $100,000. Sales totalled $153,500.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge, tim, Morris, paulc20, Tacho

More
7 years 4 months ago #176970 by tim
Replied by tim on topic Clearing Sales
Hi Terry, thanks for putting those results up. The Bugeye Sprite was good value at $21,000 being in original condition. Steel bonnets for these are now made of unobtanium & even fiberglass versions are hard to come by. I guess things like brake parts & seals for moving parts would be well & truly hard by now & need replacing. Sorry I did'nt get there for a look, but at least I don't have another un needed project to do. Cheers Tim
:) ;)

1989 FORD F350 Lariat Crewcab Dually

More
7 years 4 months ago #177065 by bparo

oldgmc wrote: Considering it only had delivery miles on it and a one owner vehicle they were lucky to get it for that price, I've been down the restore road spent the money and lost heavily the only consolation is it went to a good home

I am going to have the same problem when/if I ever sell my Inter. The ones that sell well are either those that can be driven on a car licence or those with truck licences usually go for the bigger R190s/Macks/Kenworths etc leaving those in the middle (like mine) with the smallest following and the least value.

More
7 years 4 months ago #177068 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Clearing Sales

bparo wrote:

I am going to have the same problem when/if I ever sell my Inter. The ones that sell well are either those that can be driven on a car licence or those with truck licences usually go for the bigger R190s/Macks/Kenworths etc leaving those in the middle (like mine) with the smallest following and the least value.

I do think and may well be wrong with this so stand to be corrected, most of us fruit loops that like this old gear and fix it up because enjoy it and not to make a dollar out of it as I said I may well be wrong with this but thats the way I look at it

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

Time to create page: 0.565 seconds