Skip to main content

Albion Clydesdale Motorhome with 6cyl MAN midmount.

More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #178463 by Gryphon
Hi,

A regretful sale, but I am just not using this Motorhome these days so willing to see it go to a new home.

It is an Albion Clydesdale chassis, body by someone in Adelaide, the leyland engine has been replaced by a mid-mounted MAN 6cyl with an Allison 540? transmission behind it and Eaton #4 replacing the hub reduction system. Full air brakes and high side bins, detatchable supports so you can carry big things like a Jet ski and the rear door opens up to hold a Mini Moke in the rear.

Inside it has the usual kitchen, gas/elec Fridge(in the garage at the moment), gas oven, 12/240 lights, 240v air cond and heating comes by dropping the panel behind the radiator. Sleeps 4 and has roof access to a carry area up top. under the dirt on the roof is heat reflecting coating, tinted windows, two forward facing seats. Needs the shower base repaired and the toilet needs a new mirror and wall coverings.

Under your feet are a 24v battery set up for the Bus and 12v for the aux. power and each have their own alternator and three 44 drums for fresh, grey and poo water. Two tall LPG cylinders in the back area and more storage if you don't have the Moke in there.

Engine wise the Rings and Bearings were replaced along with head gaskets, front king pins, new tyres all round and the Auto and diff have all done no more than 15K but it has been sitting for awhile. I normally just give it a run up and down the drive but I need to get some new(borrow) batteries to get it started now.

I have to supply a price so I will say that last time I had it up for sale a few years ago I had $20K on it but I am definitely open to more reasonable offers. Mechanically I think it is too good to rot away on some house block, or my driveway, so I would rather see it go to someone who can get out and use it.

Terry
0409 942 896

I have made no effort to clean it up for the photos, I just walked out and took the photo just now, so it is as is for now.

Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by Gryphon.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #178474 by mammoth
Wasn't sure about it being a Clydesdale as that was a vertical engine truck model. However there was a Clydesdale bus (model CD23) which was export only, made between 1960 and 1972, 47 passenger. The 375 Leyland motor was excellent but would have been very underpowered in this installation .

More
7 years 2 months ago #178490 by asw120
Even doing it yourself, the fitout alone would leave you no change out of the price, as my Dad is finding out.....

Best of luck with the sale.

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

Time to create page: 0.473 seconds