Skip to main content

Two Dodges and a Towmotor

More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #180027 by Lang
I have a 1942 Dodge WC53 Carryall $35,000

A 1946 Dodge Ute. Mechanicals done - suspension, steering, seals, bearings, brakes (including power booster). Rust cut and repanelled ready for final body. All the bits plus some spares. $6,000

1941 Clark Towmotor. Full history, delivered to Australian Squadron in Middle East - original Clark factory build sheet for British order. Dodge 6 runs but needs attention, steers and stops good. Will pull 90 rolling tons on the flat.
$1,500 Tow Motor Sold

all in Brisbane

Lang 0439677279
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by Lang.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #180030 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Two Dodges and a Towmotor
Here is the story on the Dodge Carryall.

1942 Dodge WC53 Carryall

This one of only 8,000 Dodge Carryall Field Staff Cars built and one of less than half a dozen in Australia. Using all the same running gear as the famous Dodge Weapon Carrier and Ambulance they were one of the most capable military vehicles of WW2.

The Carryall is one of the rarer and more collectible military vehicles of the period. This vehicle has its original bonnet number and under the paint we found it was the Area Engineer's vehicle at Whitehorse Alaska during the construction of the fantastic ALCAN Highway from Canada during WW2 - one of the great feats of modern engineering. Here is the story. www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperience/feat...cle/alaska-building/

This vehicle was rebuilt in USA by the present owner with the intention of producing a vehicle suitable for every day use and long distance travel around Australia. Wheel bearings, seals, brakes, suspension, steering etc etc were all replaced. It is not a concourse show vehicle but a practical machine which will keep up with modern traffic.

In the last two years it has driven twice from Brisbane to Victoria and return as well as undertaking a 6,000km trip through outback Queensland for Prostate Cancer plus numerous club runs.

The original 6 cylinder side valve motor and gearbox were removed. This original running engine and gear box can be included in the sale for extra price. A very low mileage late model Chevrolet Vortec V6 motor and its original automatic transmission were installed. The engine is a non-computer quadrajet carburettor installation for reliability and ease of maintenance. Power has increased from the original 90hp to around 165hp so, without being outrageously overpowered it cruises over the hills and tows a trailer easily. The automatic transmission also allows you to lock it in any gear if desired.

The transfer case was replaced - original included in sale (the originals had straight cut gears and were very noisy) with a Nissan Patrol transfer case with a bigger reduction and quiet helical gears. This vehicle will pull a house down in low range.

The brakes were upgraded to dual circuit power brakes and the Dodge stops as well as a brand new Landcruiser. Inertia reel seat belts fitted.

The vehicle has Australian Modification Approval Blue Plate attached to the firewall for the mechanical changes.

The original super efficient Alaska heater is still fitted, USB, new radio, free wheel hubs.

Tyres are excellent - PLEASE NOTE the lock-ring style wheels shown in the photos are incorrect for this year vehicle, when sold it will be fitted with the correct two piece "combat rims" with the same tyres on them.

All four rear side windows wind down but are fixed at the moment. Two brand new winding mechanisms come with the sale.

It does not have power steering (mod kits available) and is a 75 year old vehicle which has been built to drive, not show, and has been used extensively over the last couple of years. It is the centre of attention everywhere even at military vehicle shows.

There are lots of fiddly jobs that could be done with paintwork, a couple of glass cracks etc but nothing to stop you using it. It could easily be restored to a show vehicle with a bit of time but, as-is I would jump in it tomorrow for a 10,000 km trip around Australia.

Every part for these Dodges is available from Australian and overseas suppliers (particularly Vintage Power Wagons USA).

Unfortunately another project has arrived in my shed and it must be financed so, to keep the peace, the Dodge should go. The price is $40,000 with the original side valve 6 and gearbox included in the deal, $35,000 without.

Info 0439 677279
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by Lang.

More
7 years 1 month ago #180074 by Lang
Tow Motor Sold.

The two Dodges are still on the market.

Lang

More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #180109 by Southbound
That Tow Motor sounds perfect, can pull 90 tons and was $1500, I should have grabbed it ;) :woohoo: :pinch: :blink:
Good to hear the reason for the fire sale is another project Lang.
Cheers Peter

I'd rather have tools that I don't need, than not have the tools I do need.
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by Southbound.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
7 years 1 month ago #180111 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Two Dodges and a Towmotor

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
7 years 4 weeks ago #180835 by Lang
46 Dodge SOLD

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #180871 by 600Dodge
Replied by 600Dodge on topic Two Dodges and a Towmotor
Any interest in the power jigger yet Lang?

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #180919 by Lang
About 20 phone calls and two different blokes who wanted to leave $100 deposit, pay in 6 months but collect the vehicle now.

Will keep trying as next project is under way. I will put my jeep up to keep the cash flowing until the Dodge sells.

Lang

More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #181827 by Lang
Dodge Carryall still here so the Jeep will go.

1942 Willys MB Jeep

Rebuilt a couple of years ago as a good club runner (not concourse show car). Heaps spent recently.

Has the 4 inch extra seat length mod which makes a huge difference for taller people or those robust people wearing the front of their shirt out on the steering wheel.

Great runner. $17,000

Lang

Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Lang.

More
6 years 11 months ago #181869 by Lang
Jeep SOLD.

Time to create page: 0.590 seconds