Skip to main content

Ebeling 3 Wheel Street Sweeper - Free to Good Home

More
7 years 1 month ago #180234 by 600Dodge
I remember an airport runway sweeper many years ago that had a 313 poly in it, not sure if it was an Eblin.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #180238 by oldgmc
That might be the ones I'm thinking of saw on the streets of Sydney

Old trucks will make you poor but not unhappy

More
7 years 1 month ago #180260 by overnite

600Dodge wrote: I remember an airport runway sweeper many years ago that had a 313 poly in it, not sure if it was an Eblin.

They are "Ebling" not Eblin.

More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #180262 by defective

overnite wrote:

600Dodge wrote: I remember an airport runway sweeper many years ago that had a 313 poly in it, not sure if it was an Eblin.

... More 'so .. they are an EBELING
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by defective.

More
7 years 1 month ago #180265 by 600Dodge
Just going off the thread title.

More
7 years 1 month ago #180267 by mercskeepmeinajob
Slightly on topic but different brand:- Was in Brisbane Council archives last week looking for info on Jumbos RFW prime mover. Found this photo which would be 2 of the first vehicles I worked on as an apprentice nearly 40 years ago.

The Wayne road broom, one of a dozen Brisbane had back then. The Wayne 3 wheeler were a lot bigger than the Ebeling broom, with an 8 cylinder chrysler powering them. The 4 wheel broom were even bigger with an 8 cyl under the bonnet and a slant 6 chrysler driving the broom.

The AEC flusher following, we were changing the blown head gaskets 2 weeks after I started and as if it was yesterday, I remember one of the mechanics in the Broom Section had to be tackled and dumped in a pothole full of water as he had came running down the yard on fire. He had been filling the petrol tank with a 20litre drum on a 3 wheeler, spilt petrol on himself and the tin had fallen over the batteries setting himself and half the shed on fire.

The AEC was replaced a couple of years later with an Ebeling flusher, on an Inter with Neuss diesel and a 13 speed R-Ranger
Attachments:

More
7 years 1 month ago #180302 by overnite

defective wrote:

overnite wrote:

... More 'so .. they are an EBELING

You are correct, thanks, that's what I get for not proof reading my posts. Thanks

Time to create page: 0.478 seconds