Skip to main content

1,100 cu in Ford V8

More
6 years 8 months ago #186085 by Lang
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configuration1,100 cu in Ford V8 was created by Lang
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configuration

No connection.

Lang

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #186104 by Dave_64
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationReplied by Dave_64 on topic 1,100 cu in Ford V8
There you go, got a lazy 25 big ones doing nothing?
Can just imagine all those petrol heads drooling over their keyboards, thoughts of re-powering a grey Fergy, maybe a HQ-HZ ute??
Saw photos many years ago of a v12 Merlin mounted amidships in a Belmont ute. Totally impractical, but certainly opened a few eyes. May have even been in a "Wheels" magazine.
Dave

More
6 years 7 months ago #186115 by shiney005
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationReplied by shiney005 on topic 1,100 cu in Ford V8
I've got a Commer Knocker at home that I have thought about putting in a HQ. Would have to relocate the radiator to the rear as the supercharger will be poking through the grille.
As for the above motor, I reckon it belongs in something like this.

Attachments:

More
6 years 7 months ago #186121 by Dave_64
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationReplied by Dave_64 on topic 1,100 cu in Ford V8
OK, Shiney, when can we see some plans?? And, lots of progressive photo's??
As mentioned on other parts of this forum, the radiator being mounted behind the engine was a lot more common than what we now accept as the norm, i.e. in front for cooling purposes.
I still marvel at the Government AEC up in the Ayers Rock museum. Must have been hard on the ears having that roaring away at your back, no ear muffs either. Heard a tale where the drivers used to carry a wad of cotton waste with them to block out (some of) the noise.
Dave

More
6 years 7 months ago #186128 by werkhorse
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationReplied by werkhorse on topic 1,100 cu in Ford V8
Yeah I agree with Shiney .... drop in an old F truck 8 yarder and show the mud carters how its done LOL

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

More
6 years 7 months ago #186129 by eerfree
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationReplied by eerfree on topic 1,100 cu in Ford V8
Here you go, one at the front and a BIG one at the back.
Thanks for the memory Dave.

Bob,
I do not know how I got over the hill without ever getting to the top.
Attachments:

More
6 years 7 months ago #186130 by overnite
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationReplied by overnite on topic 1,100 cu in Ford V8
Shiney 005
"I've got a Commer Knocker at home that I have thought about putting in a HQ"

Tongue in cheek, obviously?

More
6 years 7 months ago #186137 by shiney005
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationReplied by shiney005 on topic 1,100 cu in Ford V8
Not tongue in cheek, but it is a bit of a dream at this stage of my life. Not enough time. As for the noise, it's far too late for me to worry about that. I spent the first few years of my driving life in a Perkins powered Commer which was enough to damage my hearing permanently.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
6 years 7 months ago #186138 by Swishy
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationReplied by Swishy on topic 1,100 cu in Ford V8
Sum time ago the §wish cartd a general Lee Tank
Drive on/off for export
as it made it way down a bush track to lpoad onto Folding Gooseneck LowLoader the noise from the engine would certainly scare off any enemy LOL
When askd wot sort of donk he sed a Ford V8 ...... wunder if it twas same big donk?

Cya

§

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
6 years 7 months ago #186141 by Dave_64
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_GAA_engine

Just for the petrolheads, probably a quite advanced engine for it's day.
Dave

Time to create page: 0.461 seconds