Skip to main content

Bedford (214?) engine wanted?

More
6 years 8 months ago #186146 by prodrive
Gday guys,
I was up in Midura last week, got help from a local wrecker (long story)
They have an old beford there, no idea what model, but before the TK's. The little bonneted ones, with a tray- you know!
There seems to be lots of them around, but they need an engine, and they have no idea where to look- I'm guessing it will be a 214?
If anyone has one, or any suggestions, let me know here and I'll pass on details to them.
cheers
Richard

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago #186298 by Ely
Replied by Ely on topic Bedford (214?) engine wanted?
I have a bedford 500 8.2ltr deisel, ex army, 130000km had an allison auto behind, still has flx plate..s/w Victoria

More
6 years 8 months ago #186301 by Mairjimmy
Richard a 214 Bedford motor would be in a truck if it hasn't a 2 speed diff and if it has a 2 speed it be a 300, you would think either would be eaasily found,wreaker now days don't carry much old stuff so a scrappy might be the only place, l check on one here in Berrigan if they still after one.
Colin

Time to get up andd get going.......todays bad decisions aren't going to make themselves!!!

More
6 years 8 months ago #186305 by JOHN.K.
The only Bedford petrols Ive seen in a long time are the "Mexican Chevs".Look like a big Holden Red motor.The 214s were getting rare 30 years ago.Easily spotted as they have a sideplate including the sparkplugs,just like a splash Chev.Bedfords were always pressure lubed,though,and always had 4 bearing cranks,where the prewar Chevs had 3.I would think a farm would be the only hope of finding one.Or a hoarder ,like the one on this forum a while back.

More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #186318 by hayseed
There's very little Bedford Stuff left in Wrecking Yards In Australia,
As some Mob from Pakistan (or maybe Bangladesh) come through & Hoover It all up & ship It back There every couple of Years....
They pay Top dollar for it Too, I believe..

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by hayseed. Reason: typo

More
6 years 7 months ago #186332 by JOHN.K.
Wish someone from Pakistan would come and hoover my stuff up and pay top dollar.Not fussy though, from any where would do.

Time to create page: 0.470 seconds