Skip to main content

Older ACCO etc wanted

More
6 years 3 months ago #190347 by JMR
Older ACCO etc wanted was created by JMR
G'day blokes, Since letting the rego go out on my little crane truck ($1300 a year I cant really justify for a toy :ohmy: ) I have been searching for something a bit heavier too replace it so I can have farm rego at the cheaper rate. Haven't really got the funds at the moment for anything serious so just sounding everyone out for ideas, was thinking roughly 8 tonner-ish but not adverse to going bogie, preferably Perkins (under)powered, manual and most important....SIMPLE..... not interested in doing a 120kph just something to plod into town too get stuff and transport gear around. My Poor ute has been copping a right hiding pulling the car trailer around all the time!

Can anyone recommend a likely model of truck I should be spying?

Thanks.

Jacko.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #190348 by atkipete
Replied by atkipete on topic Older ACCO etc wanted
If you can find an ACCO without rust ( look for a post 86 cab) they are easy to fix and plenty of parts around.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JMR

More
6 years 3 months ago #190357 by JMR
Replied by JMR on topic Older ACCO etc wanted
Thanks mate,

I have had a look at a couple of ACCO's around here but being so wet and humid they are all so badly rusted they would have only been good for a parts truck, one bogie drive
I looked at about 2 years ago had a really nice sounding perk in it, RRer box and drove well but the cab was like swiss cheese, a good buy at $1000 for parts I suppose though.

Thanks

Jacko.

More
6 years 3 months ago #190413 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Older ACCO etc wanted
Is your heart set on an ACCO or would you consider a bonneted petrol truck?

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
6 years 3 months ago #190440 by JMR
Replied by JMR on topic Older ACCO etc wanted
Hi mate,

Was set of the ACCO for simplicity. Ive always had Perkins in every tractor/backhoe/piece of machinery I've owned so it would be nice too have something I am familiar with.

Cheers

Jacko.

Time to create page: 0.534 seconds