Skip to main content

1955 AR162 with tipping tray and winch for sale in Echuca West

More
6 years 2 months ago #190576 by bparo
1955 AR162 International running an 281, 4-speed gearbox and electric 2-speed diff. This truck is so reliable you could load the spares on the back and drive it everywhere (as I have).
It has an Operators, Service and Parts Manual, original Australian Adverts (and laminated copies for display)., spare badges, bonnet, fuel tank, gearbox, distributors, fuel pumps and a couple of shelves of parts. $17,500 for everything
Only being sold as we are moving off a 2 acre block and into town where there will not be anywhere to store it undercover

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: tim

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #190619 by bparo
Well since listing on Facebook last weekend it has been interesting.

- lots of wives/girlfriends sharing the listing to their husbands/boyfriends/significant others.
- someone turned up Tuesday and enjoyed driving it but stalled it every turn. He had an unusual driving style when turning into a side road or driveway. He would throw the clutch, take the corner then change to the gear and drive off. The problem was he couldn't reach to push the clutch right in to and get too slow for top gear then stall the motor. Then the motor wouldn't start as the truck was in gear with the clutch out. It must have been him as I had no issues when I took him out or when I drove it after his test. just while he was driving.
- I had someone from the Mornington Penninsula tell me I was too expensive as there was one on Gumtree 2 hours north of Charleville for $1500. The one in Charleville had no motor, gearbos, front axle, windows, seat, headlights, drivers door... yet this guy was adamant he could get it back to the Mornington Penninsula and restore it for less than buying mine.

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
6 years 2 months ago #190626 by busman
I trust you told him he was dreaming ?

84 Austral Tourmaster with 6V92 and now 7 speed Eaton-Fuller, converted to motorhome "Vanishing Point" after a favourite American movie.
3 Kw solar 800 Ah Lithium house battery pack, all engine cooling done by the sun. Water injection for hot days and hill climbs.

More
6 years 2 months ago #190627 by atkipete
I am sure you will find a serious buyer out there and hopefully we will be still be seeing NFI Transport at shows.

More
6 years 2 months ago #190634 by bparo
I was polite and wished him luck. I am not in a hurry to sell and it's yet to hit VTCM or club newsletters. I took it out for Australia Day this morning and stuck a for sale sign with a phone number on each side. I saw people taking photos of the truck and signs on their phone, It is only a matter of time. It's only been up for sale for less than a week so I would have been surprised if it went that quickly

More
6 years 2 months ago #190636 by 600Dodge
You identified the problem in the first line, facebook. Nice truck by the way, I'll bet you will be sad to see it go. Are you giving up the old truck hobby?

More
6 years 2 months ago #190639 by bparo
not giving up the hobby. A few health issues are forcing a rethink as we sell our house and downsize from 2 acres to a 1/4 acre block. Once we settle we intend to look out for a tray-backed F250 to carry my old machinery while towing a caravan as it has the advantage that my wife can drive it as well expanding the range of our activities. We may even get rid of the BA Ute and just use the F250 if we end up being able to walk most places

I will also be keeping this which is why I joined a commercial vehicle club in the first place, 2017 was the first HVCVA display day we have missed since 1999 and was a glitch caused by a combination of health and a short-term finance issue.

Attachments:

More
6 years 2 months ago #190641 by Fill
Hi Bparo
I hope the new year brings you good health . When I wanted an old truck I did not want one that some one had done up. I thought it would be like buying a renovated house that was just done to make money, with lots of corners cut. How wrong could I have been. After joining the HCVC I found the amount of time, money and love that goes into aresto. I would say the real price should be at lest three times that. I do not think the buyer knows what a bargain he is getting in reality. Cheers Fill

More
6 years 2 months ago #190642 by Southbound

Fill wrote: Hi Bparo
I hope the new year brings you good health . When I wanted an old truck I did not want one that some one had done up. I thought it would be like buying a renovated house that was just done to make money, with lots of corners cut. How wrong could I have been. After joining the HCVC I found the amount of time, money and love that goes into aresto. I would say the real price should be at lest three times that. I do not think the buyer knows what a bargain he is getting in reality. Cheers Fill

Spot on Fill, only someone who has done a resto knows what you mean!

I'd rather have tools that I don't need, than not have the tools I do need.

More
6 years 1 month ago #191394 by bparo
Interest seems to have slowed but it's only just hitting the truck/car club newsletters as they start up for the year. It's also been submitted to VTCM.

The house was advertised on Friday 2nd Feb and sold on Monday 5th Feb (for the full asking price) so we are waiting for their bank to confirm (they had preapproved finance subject to the bank seeing the signed contract which was signed last week). Once they notify us we have 60 days to find somewhere new and settle that. Currently that is scheduled for the weekend of Crawlin :( We weren't quite ready as we thought it would take a couple of months to sell.

Due to the nature of my work I can't be bothered finding a place before their bank approves and asking for bridging finance . I would rather settle the new place a week or 2 later, throw the stuff in storage and go on holiday while we are 'homeless'. Of course the person we are buying from may offer 'early access' to at least the garage.

I have sold stationary motors, pumps etc but still have the Fergie Tractor, Truck, large stationary engine transport an VR platform trolley to go as well as the truck. Things have been buy which is why I missed Broadford but I hope to get to Lancefield this sunday

Time to create page: 0.545 seconds