Skip to main content

1955 AR162 with tipping tray and winch for sale in Echuca West

More
5 years 4 months ago #197415 by bparo
and an aerodynamic aid on the headboard too: :)
it reminds me of doing 'Bunny Ears' to someone in a group photo :)

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #197931 by bparo
This is now listed on Gumtree and has been sent to VTCM for the next issue it meets the deadline for.
Also thinking about Just Trucks, Just Cars, Unique Cars and maybe Deals on Wheels as most of the people who have been serious have a background in old cars and think the price is fair.

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
5 years 2 months ago #198488 by bparo
I have taken a deposit on the Inter. Final payment and pickup is due Saturday.

However I will not consider it sold until I have the money in my hands and I haven't seen it for a few hours! :)

The following user(s) said Thank You: allan

More
5 years 2 months ago #198492 by Morris
Your Bruceness,
Congratulations on selling at last.
True about waiting until money in hand but don't worry about not seeing NFI for a few hours. Years ago, I sold a Cortina to a couple of young guys who came on a Sunday and paid cash. Car was roadworthy and registered but had personalised plates with my initials. I explained I had to keep the plates as they were Fiftieth Birthday pressie from Wife.

When they returned from test drive, I had wheeled 1929 Chev out of garage and was washing it. They were amazed. I said "And you thought the Cortina was an old car!

Few hours later I had a phonecall from Police who had found car upside down in ditch and did not believe that young guys owned it.
Mr Plod carried on about not allowed to sell without plates, without change of ownership papers, etc.

I said, I don't care, I have been paid for it and VicRoads is not open on Sunday. :evil:

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #198543 by bparo
I will be keeping the plates and notifying the club that I no longer own it once it goes (along with cancelling the insurance). It's not being picked up until the 9th Feb and is currently stored on a friend's farm. I intend to take it for a short farewell spin this weekend with the boss in the passengers seat. I will also remove some personal belongings from it (screwdrivers, torch etc) so it's ready for pickup. Then it will go back to the farm until next weekend.

Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by bparo. Reason: fix typos

More
5 years 2 months ago #198544 by wee-allis
Back in August I sold my old Honda 900 Bol'dor. It sold on e-bay on the Sunday and the funds went into my bank on the Tuesday. I received an email from the buyer Wednesday morning to confirm he had deposited the money and that he was going into hospital that day for a double hip replacement.
I still have the bike and have only heard from him once since, on the 16th December, to let me know that he will get down to collect it eventually. I have handed the plates back to the RMS.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
5 years 2 months ago #198545 by Swishy
Well dun BruceMan

cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH
Attachments:

More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #198828 by bparo
Well the truck is now safely shedded in Gippsland. One of the new owner's customer's had given him membership forms for the Traf Club. When he picked it up his wife, daughter and himself were excited about it and fell in love with the truck

He left here around 4:45 Saturday afternoon and drove to Shepparton to stay the night. There was no accommodation locally due to an estimated 50,000 people here for the Southern 80 Waterski Race (the less said about racing boat owners that think they own the town the better)

He got as far as Seymour on the Sunday and topped up with fuel when about 2km down the road the truck lost power. My understanding is the motor would run but lacked power. Roadside repairs failed so the RACV towed it home to Gippsland for him. He's words were "Don't stress it's not your fault Bruce it's just one of things. I know why you drove it everywhere it's really nice to drive. I will get if fixed and going again and keep you informed . It only cost me 40 litres of petrol to get it home!"

No my guess is that he has picked up a bad batch of fuel containing water or similar. He said the plugs were carboned up. As it was still running but without power it can't be anything too bad. The person that purchased it is a truck mechanic so they are in a much better position then me (who barely knows which end of a screwdriver to use) to get it fixed.

At least nobody was hurt or injured.

I have taken the plates and CPS sticker off it, kept the log book, notified the club, gone into VicRoads to cancel the permit and cancelled the insurance. Helen had wanted to swap those plates onto the XP but that's not possible so it's going to retain it's H plates.

Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by bparo.

More
5 years 2 months ago #198830 by Lang
At least nobody was hurt or injured

Until he arrives on your doorstep to punch your lights out!

More
5 years 2 months ago #198831 by bparo
Unlikely as he has told me several times not to stress it's just one of those things with old vehicles

The truck was probably sulking :)

Time to create page: 0.562 seconds