Skip to main content

Rear engine mounts Dodge 329 Slant six

More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #194831 by Alan McDonald
Looking for information regarding the rear engine mounts that bolt onto the cross member of a 329 with the Slant Six..
The cross member has two slotted holes ether side of it The top of the mounting has one bolt that
connects directly onto the bell housing. I can find no information about them.
Cowra Trucks used to be able to get them from a US supplier but are no longer able to.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Alan McDonald.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #194837 by Dave_64
Alan,
If they are the ones that I had been chasing for some time, they are thin on the ground.
I had a sample here, but it had the two holes where it bolted to the cast "Pad" on the tailhouse extension and another two slotted holes where the were bolted to the actual crossmember, whereas yours would seem to be only a single mount bolt.
I hunted around both here and overseas, best I could come up with was some second hand ones from Price's of Toowoomba.
When I couldn't get them, I ended up using a Bedford front engine mount with a spacer plate to bolt to the member.
Just had to drop the actual rear crossmember downwards by the same thickness, not ideal, but got me out of trouble.
They also used a different idea on some of the 6 & 8 cylinder versions where they went for the actual mounts one each side of the bellhousing, but mine were the "donut" type mounts.
I'm assuming that you are referring to the NP435 manual transmission? Because I think the auto's were running a Valiant type mount.
Probably not much use to you, but may be one way of getting around it if you can't get original replacements.
Cheers, Dave
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Dave_64.

More
5 years 9 months ago #194839 by Blackduck59
Go into General Truck Chat and have a look at the C1500 clutch thread. It is an Inter but the mounts maybe similar.
Cheers Steve

More
5 years 9 months ago #194840 by Dave_64
Steve.
That photo of the c1500 rear mounts attached at an angle to the actual bellhousing, were they also the same setup on the smaller Inters?
OR, were they similar to any of the Dodges that had the drum brake on the rear output of the transmission. I have a couple of old Dodge NP435 (or Ti7 in Interspeak) as well as an old Inter casing and all three types are of differing mountings.
Dave.

More
5 years 9 months ago #194841 by Blackduck59
Sorry Dave,
Those memories are lost in the mists of time and decaying grey matter
Cheers Steve
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave_64

More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #194847 by Alan McDonald
Dave
Yes I do have the NP 435 I don't know the year of this vehicle but it is manual and from my recent purchase of a clutch kit
from Australian Clutch Services found out that my spigot shaft on the gearbox of 10 Spline x One inch confused them
as they had sent a clutch disc to fit a 10 spline x an inch and a quarter and twas told that was normal.
I googled this and after some searching found on much earlier NP 435's that was the case.
They did replace it with one that was the correct size.
Thank you Dave_64

• Swishy
  • Away
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
5 years 9 months ago #194849 by Swishy

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #194854 by Alan McDonald
Thanks Michael for this information. I am trying to locate two mounts from a couple of sources. Fingers crossed.
I am in Darwin but do own a Dodge truck in Perth with a slant six which if I can find someone who can remove them from
the vehicle I will do that as a last resort. That truck has seen it's day. I will from the outcome get them re-vulcanised.
Great posting Thanks again

More
5 years 9 months ago #194859 by Blackduck59
A Mc,
I am in Perth (Safety Bay), can help out if needed.
Cheers Steve

More
5 years 9 months ago #194860 by Alan McDonald
Thanks Steve,
I'll keep you posted on results.
Can you please private message me your contact details.

Time to create page: 0.516 seconds