Skip to main content

Thornycrofts For Sale.

More
4 years 11 months ago #200459 by Morris
Three Thornycrofts for Sale. Sorry, photos will not attach. Neither set of instructions posted by members will work. PM me with email address and I can send them.
1. Thornycroft Nippy about 1949, Front axle is mounted underneath bellhousing, meaning that bonnet, radiator and motor are forward of front axle. 3 tonner. Motor is Thornycroft ER4 petrol four cylinder. Built Left Hand Drive, (not converted, no holes in firewall) Cab has collapsed but panels, doors and windscreens are there for patterns. Currently fitted with heavy riveted water tank but I can remove this if required. Best offer over $1000.
[attachment:1]Nippy 007.jpg[/attach

Attachment not found

ment]

2. Thornycroft Nubian with Rolls Royce straight 8 petrol B61 engine. Has Wormald Airport crash tender aluminium body and fire fighting foam tank. 1960's.
3. Thornycroft Nubian with rare Thornycroft factory cab and 3000 gallon water tank. Rolls Royce B61.
The Nubians were used as a pair on an airfield, with the foam tanker racing to spray a burning plane, and the water tanker following to replenish the foam tanker. These are large vehicles on 1400 x 20 tyres. Said to be capable of over 110 Miles Per Hour (if you could keep the fuel up to them). Both been out in weather several years. One head, one gearbox and one radiator (stolen) missing. Prefer to sell as a pair, best offer over (or close to) $1000 the two.

All located in south-eastern outskirts of Melbourne. Personal Message me on "Channel 40" at the top of the page on this forum.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mairjimmy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #200694 by Morris
Replied by Morris on topic Thornycrofts For Sale.
I will try to put up a photo of a similar Thornycroft Nubian Wormald Airport Crash Tender and a Thornycroft Nubian Fire Tanker with factory cab. NOTE: mine are not in as good condition as these but I cannot send from my phone.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mairjimmy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.428 seconds