Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Wanted-Ford NP435 case with or without alloy top and stick

Wanted-Ford NP435 case with or without alloy top and stick 15 May 2019 04:06 #200592

• Dave_64
  • Thank you received: 125
Hi All,
On the scrounge again, if you, or someone you know has an old FORD NP435 transmission laying around the garage and are only going to scrap it, may be able to take it off your hands. Looking at anything from around 1966-1988 era, they made a zillion of them, used them in F100-F250-F350 with or without transfer case attached basic case all the same, unchanged for 30 odd years. Will have a casting number on the side of the box with C-96391-S in raised letters.
If only the bare case, fine, alloy top and stick would be a bonus. Maybe you have one that's stuffed, noisy, leaking oil bad, don't care as long as the basic case is intact and not broken.
I live in Central Victoria and am willing to travel to pick one up (within reason) if you know of one..
If it's complete, can usually be distinguished from DODGE by a short 6.5" X 10 spline input shaft, Dodge has the much longer 23 spline input and different bellhousing pattern.
Lots of people mistake them for the Borg-Warner T18 and T19, which Ford also used. Warner has a cast iron lid and a ribbed side of the case.
Thanks, Dave
Last Edit: 15 May 2019 04:07 by Dave_64.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Wanted-Ford NP435 case with or without alloy top and stick 15 May 2019 10:42 #200598

• JOHN.K.
  • Thank you received: 168
Some years ago I searched far and wide for a NP box with the PTO opening on the opposite side to normal,to fit a hydraulic pump to a 4x4 Inter 1300.........Im convinced they never made one..........then I found out the hard way that the 4 speed and 5 speed box has a slightly different helix angle on the gears ,and the PTO off a 5 speed marked the teeth on the 4 speed.........the overdrive units marketed for 4 speed Landcruisers did the same thing.......the teeth were cut slightly wrong.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave_64
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds

Historic Commercial Vehicles Club of Australia Inc.  Post: P.O. Box 2020 Bayswater Vic. 3153    Clubrooms: Unit 8 / 4  Macquarie Place Boronia    Club Phone: 0400 025 525