Skip to main content

Some truck parts for sale

More
4 years 8 months ago #201887 by rex
Replied by rex on topic Some truck parts for sale
Hi Cobba
For some time the tacho drive on Perkins engines run anticlockwise the solution was backwards rev counters. Remember while Perkins are without doubt a great engine they are English after all.
Rex

Making a small effort to save the history of road transport in Australia by being in front of Simms
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #201929 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic Some truck parts for sale
I have a little bit of Pommy stuff in the back yard from tractors mowers outboard and stationary engine and other stuff as well. The only thing that runs backwards here is the Aussie made farm pumper engine. Why, I don't know but it is different and not many people pick up on it when you start it up cranking over wnti-clockwise.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
4 years 8 months ago #201940 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Some truck parts for sale
You can get a little plastic reverser box for cables,not very expensive............plenty of reverse rotation motors .....lots of marine applications used matched pair ........GM 71 s the whole motor can be reversed so everything is on opposite sides of the motors,and one runs in reverse.........the Smiths tacho is the expensive one ,......did you know the WW2 Smiths pocket watch ,used to sell at the disposals for 7/6d,is now worth $2000.

More
4 years 8 months ago #202188 by 71 detroit
Hey Mate,
I sent you message on some of your stuff

More
2 years 8 months ago #224619 by Southbound
Copy Lang? When I put these parts up for sale you commented on them. Do you know what this PTO fits on? TIA

I'd rather have tools that I don't need, than not have the tools I do need.
Attachments:

More
2 years 8 months ago #224623 by JOHN.K.
I think its a PTO for the Rockwell Cloverleaf transfer case of the 1600 4x4 inters.....for sure AB to D liner,maybe earlier.............a very hard part to find ,if you need one.........I suspect it may be a Powa auto,made by Sonnerdale Richardson /David Brown.......not 100 % sure ......long time ago .
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Southbound

More
2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #224628 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Some truck parts for sale
Southbound

It looks very much like a transfer case PTO not a side PTO off a gearbox. I think John might be in the ball park. There were very similar designs for everything from Jeeps to heavy trucks. I have two on my shelf from Jeeps (WW2 and later FC-170 forward control ) that look very similar. Most transfer cases in the day had a plate to remove and fit these units.

Lang
Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Lang.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Southbound

More
2 years 7 months ago #224644 by JOHN.K.
I used to grab the IH pto s whenever I saw them........if you want to fit a centre chassis mount winch under the tray in a 4x4 1600 ,you need that pto ...and I always had one ,so I got the job at my price......only place they came from was the electric companies ,and telecom/gpo......I imagine they were very costly new ,being both Powauto and a small demand item.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Southbound

Time to create page: 0.499 seconds