Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Some truck parts for sale

Some truck parts for sale 21 Jul 2019 09:16 #201887

• rex
  • Thank you received: 23
Hi Cobba
For some time the tacho drive on Perkins engines run anticlockwise the solution was backwards rev counters. Remember while Perkins are without doubt a great engine they are English after all.
Rex
Making a small effort to save the history of road transport in Australia by being in front of Simms
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Some truck parts for sale 22 Jul 2019 21:58 #201929

• cobbadog
  • Thank you received: 304
I have a little bit of Pommy stuff in the back yard from tractors mowers outboard and stationary engine and other stuff as well. The only thing that runs backwards here is the Aussie made farm pumper engine. Why, I don't know but it is different and not many people pick up on it when you start it up cranking over wnti-clockwise.
Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette

Some truck parts for sale 23 Jul 2019 17:06 #201940

• JOHN.K.
  • Thank you received: 203
You can get a little plastic reverser box for cables,not very expensive............plenty of reverse rotation motors .....lots of marine applications used matched pair ........GM 71 s the whole motor can be reversed so everything is on opposite sides of the motors,and one runs in reverse.........the Smiths tacho is the expensive one ,......did you know the WW2 Smiths pocket watch ,used to sell at the disposals for 7/6d,is now worth $2000.

Some truck parts for sale 02 Aug 2019 18:10 #202188

• 71 detroit
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey Mate,
I sent you message on some of your stuff

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.271 seconds

Historic Commercial Vehicles Club of Australia Inc.  Post: P.O. Box 2020 Bayswater Vic. 3153    Clubrooms: Unit 8 / 4  Macquarie Place Boronia    Club Phone: 0400 025 525    Club Rooms:  03) 9738 1558