Skip to main content

WTB neat tray to suit Inter

More
4 years 2 months ago #206358 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic WTB neat tray to suit Inter
I've used Concreters Formply a few Times, It works well.. Just be careful walking about on It when It's wet... Or you'll end up Base over Apex....!!!

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #206359 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic WTB neat tray to suit Inter
Formply is good..ive had it on several trucks,generally not even bolted down,just wedged in under the coaming. .....It will soon get rough if you cart a bit of scrap.....although the cement side will already be a bit rough.

More
4 years 2 months ago #206360 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic WTB neat tray to suit Inter
Although it is quick to fit and ply particularly form ply is tough, ply and particularly form ply will look like c...p after it has been used a bit. The shiny surface gets scratched very easily and both are subject to gauging and surface splintering. It will always look like a home-made bush mechanics job.

I found hardwood planks are really expensive - it cost me $1,600 for 6" x 1" Tallow wood planks for my 28' trailer and that was bargain price. You might be able to get recycled timber - ordinary 3/4" tongue and groove hardwood floorboards look great. Don't use pine.

As mentioned above, at the end of the day nothing is quicker and not much cheaper than checker plate and it always looks good and professional regardless of loading.

Lang

More
4 years 2 months ago #206362 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic WTB neat tray to suit Inter
Just had a look at Gumtree Victoria. Quite a number of really nice trays for sale.

You could probably get this for $1,500 - lots more to look at. Cheaper than stuffing around rebuilding something.

www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/hazelwood-north/...ruck-body/1224745154

Lang

More
4 years 2 months ago #206384 by Rattail 1927
, 2nd hand form ply would be dicey the only reason concretors get rid of it is if it’s starting to delaminate , and concretors don’t throw them away for o reason, I worked in a hardware and building centre as a delivery driver and form ply wasn’t cheap ($120) and that was in the late 80’s
Not saying it’s o good but check it out.

Time to create page: 0.457 seconds