Updated 28th July.

If you are unable to login, you probably need to read this change to your username & profile.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

1965 XP Ute with Parts and Manuals 24 May 2020 11:18 #210598

• bparo
  • bparo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 277
Now I have the Dodge the XP needs to go. I can't get the dodge into the shed until all the spares for the XP come out of it as I need to move everything along the back wall to allow for the extra length of the dodge. I have nowhere to put that until the XP parts go!
Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1965 XP Ute with Parts and Manuals 20 Jul 2020 15:50 #212747

• bparo
The ute is still for sale but removed from Facebook due to closures of borders and around Melbourne making it impossible for people to come and inspect the vehicle.

I am also sick of people who have never seen it saying 'it will be rusted out as it hasn't been restored' etc. One even claimed that I had stolen the ute in 2008 (Although I still have the purchase receipt from 1999 and can prove it has been registered or on CPS in my name the whole time). When travel is easier I will list it on Gumtree and Just Cars. In the meantime it is still in club magazines and here
Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

1965 XP Ute with Parts and Manuals 20 Jul 2020 21:55 #212766

• cobbadog
  • Thank you received: 1035
You have to learn to ignore the 'keyboard warrior, know it alls' and ignore them or agree then block them.
Maybe when it is time to re-list it place more pics of these fantacy rusty spots to show it is clean. With a pristene vehicle like this the more you show them the better and more likely to get them in your yard with the cash.
Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe.
STUBBOURN B@ST@RD
The following user(s) said Thank You: bparo, Morris

XP relisted for sale 10 Nov 2020 16:14 #216233

• bparo
As Melbourne has opened up and the NSW border opens in about 11 days it's time to get the XP advertised. The ad was pulled down due to Covid Travel restrictions

I have avoided Facebook this time and put it on Gumtree and Just Cars
Hopefully this removes the keyboard warriors as it takes a bit more effort.

There are some people in the relevant Facebook groups that look at these sites and post links to the ads. However I won;t get rude messages and people wanting panel cuts for $50 and getting upset when I ignore them either
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

1965 XP Ute with Parts and Manuals 10 Nov 2020 21:38 #216242

• cobbadog
  • Thank you received: 1035
You do get tyre kickers on Gumtree but they are easy to pick. Good luck with the listings and hope it sells quickly for you.
Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe.
STUBBOURN B@ST@RD
The following user(s) said Thank You: bparo

1965 XP Ute with Parts and Manuals 11 Nov 2020 10:10 #216260

• Oilman
  • Thank you received: 383
I sold the XM ute for $1000, but it didn't have any manuals.
1975 Atkinson, 180HP 6LXB Gardner, RTO910, 34000lb Rockwell on camelback
Attachments:

1965 XP Ute with Parts and Manuals 11 Nov 2020 16:21 #216269

• bparo
must have been a while ago Oilman. I paid a lot less for mine 21 years ago than it's worth now and I purchased it as a daily driver rather than a 10 year old laser. Wagons are the hot property at the moment and coupes are always popular.
Sedans we wouldn't even bother with as a parts car 15 years ago are now bring $4000 to $5000, restored sedans $15,000 to $22,000 with utes above that. Sedan deliveries (panel vans) and wagons have become hot property and coupes are around $40,000 to $50,000 for an average driver. I have probably priced mine a bit close to wagons but my parts list has over 70 items including NOS and other hard to find bits. So as a package it works out fair

1965 XP Ute with Parts and Manuals 11 Nov 2020 18:06 #216274

• Oilman
  • Thank you received: 383
Yep, it was my first car. Bought it from my parents for $200, repainted it and sold it for $1000 to a neighbor (his HR was rusted out) in about 1987. He had a collision and it was written off. Years later I saw it parked by the side of the road, even pulled over and had a look at it. About 2 years ago a bloke was dropping a school bus off (I let them park it beside my shed each night) and and he said that he had looked at an old ute for a bloke in my shed about 30 years ago. Turned out it was the old XM and my neighbour must have stored it there after the accident (I was interstate). A bloke hired him to do a cut and shut on it. Small world.
1975 Atkinson, 180HP 6LXB Gardner, RTO910, 34000lb Rockwell on camelback
The following user(s) said Thank You: bparo

1965 XP Ute with Parts and Manuals 12 Nov 2020 10:12 #216305

• bparo
Here's the parts list. I need a hand to move a shelf so I can photograph the panels. Also some of the panels are too hard/heavy for me to pick up one handed

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Attachments:

1965 XP Ute with Parts and Manuals 08 Jan 2021 14:40 #217793

• bparo
well today it was goodbye to my XP. It sold and is currently driving to Yarram. After 21 years I got good money for it (starting with a 3 with a handful of zeros) and for the first time since 1997 there is no Ford in my possession. I purchased it in April 1999 so 21 years isn't a bad run. Father and son (who had just restored an EJ Wagon) went over it with a fine tooth condition. When they looked at the parts they just paid the money we had agreed to and departed home to Yarram with Dad in the driver's seat and son driving the land cruiser.

Why is it all my vehicles end up in gippsland?

Still more incentive to get the Dodge home

Time to create page: 0.316 seconds

Historic Commercial Vehicles Club of Australia Inc.  Post: P.O. Box 2020 Bayswater Vic. 3153    Clubrooms: Unit 8 / 4  Macquarie Place Boronia    Club Phone: 0400 025 525    Club Rooms:  03) 9738 1558