Skip to main content

I.D. Plate - D Series Ford

More
3 years 10 months ago #209903 by Inter-Action
I am trying to locate the I.D. plate on a recently purchased truck. It is a D Series Ford. I have looked throughout the cab with no
trace of a plate. I was told behind the drivers seat , left hand foot well , under the seat. No luck. Any one got any ideas?

Apart from that inquiry , i need a wheel spanner / socket for a AB 151 Inter. Hex nuts are 1 1/2 inch , and the other end used for
undoing inner stud / nut for the inner wheel is 7/8 inch square.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 10 months ago #209904 by mammoth
Replied by mammoth on topic I.D. Plate - D Series Ford
The aluminium compliance plates weren't fitted to trucks until about 1971 so yours may be older than that. Don't know what Ford did, maybe just chassis no on chassis rail.

More
3 years 10 months ago #209906 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic I.D. Plate - D Series Ford
Dad had a '68 model & I had a '76 Model. Both had ID Plates in the Passenger side Foot well...

As for the Wheel brace. Try this..
maxiparts.com.au/accessories/tools-and-e...rs/wheel-brace-en-2/

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -
The following user(s) said Thank You: Inter-Action

More
3 years 10 months ago #209979 by oliver1950
Mine is located above the driver's door top hinge.It is ex -army so may be different to others.

You can't have too many toys!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Inter-Action

More
3 years 10 months ago #209980 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic I.D. Plate - D Series Ford
Stephan

I think the Identification plates (steel, brass or aluminium) went back to at least the twenties if not to Karl Benz. Unless you know the factory code - if any - it is hard to get a year off those which do not have it actually stamped.

As you say the Australian Design Rules Compliance Plates did not come in until late 60's or early 70's. Their main use for our purpose is to give a date. Even that is dodgy up until about mid 2000's as it showed the date the vehicle was "complied" in Australia. They now have to show both build date and compliance date.

My Nissan Navara has a build date of 2012 but a compliance plate date of 2014. I have the log book with 25 kilometres on the clock delivery from the dealer so it was not a "grey" import. It must have sat in a yard either in Spain or Australia for the best part of two years before it was placed in the Australian recording system.

Lang

More
3 years 10 months ago #209985 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic I.D. Plate - D Series Ford
Make sure you actually need to undo the inner /square nut ....at some stage IHC modified the system so the inner /square nut stayed put ,and both wheels are held by the outer/hex nut.....I know for sure later Clines and Dlines have this .

More
3 years 10 months ago #209995 by Inter-Action
Thanks for all your replies. I will check out John's idea before i buy a double end brace.
Can't tell with both wheels on..I am trying to source tyres for the truck. 7.50 x 20? New ones $300 plus may have to go with
them. Dave

More
3 years 10 months ago #209999 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic I.D. Plate - D Series Ford
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationDave

If you are trying to replace the full set you might look at the more available 8.25-20 tyres. They are still not available everywhere.

A lot of the military people have gone from 7.50 to 8.25 on their GMC and Studebaker 6x6 trucks. A lot of vintage truck people have gone that way too. The vehicle looks so much nicer and the jump in size is not enough to cause duals to kiss on original rims. Might even give you a few more knots.

lang

More
3 years 10 months ago #210018 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic I.D. Plate - D Series Ford
I had a C1600 4x4 I put 8.25 s on ,didnt make it go any faster ,neither did and overdrive 5 speed box ......what did make it faster on trip time was a No3 Eaton axle from a AB180 with 6.16 gears matched to the front......Put an ACCO winch in it too ,just barely fitted under the tray...Fantastic truck ,everyone saw the winch working wanted it.It could pull the drott out of a bog in minutes instead of digging for hours.

Time to create page: 0.530 seconds