Skip to main content

Wanted Power steering box for Holden HZ one-tonner

More
3 years 10 months ago #210774 by bparo
We have been doing some upgrading to the dodgey HZ. (My AT4 dodge on an HZ holden one-tonner chassis) but need to find a new power steering box. I imagine any power steering box from HQ to HZ will fit but are open to correction.

The beast is having air-conditioning fitted and the airconditioning guru is fitting up the pump as he is making/fitting brackets to try to keep it all tidy. The mechanic says we have all the bits except the actual box for the power steering. If anyone has a lead to a good one at a reasonable price please let me know.

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 10 months ago #210782 by hayseed
Bruce, have look Here..

www.facebook.com/groups/548770411832487/

You will have to Join the Group to able to View the listings though..

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
3 years 10 months ago #210785 by Morris
Bparo,
Try all the wreckers you can find. my Mother-In-Law's Husband (no, he is not my father-In-Law, nor my mate) bought a power steering box for a XD Falcon from wreckers in Sale for a quarter of the price Melbourne wreckers wanted.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!
The following user(s) said Thank You: bparo

More
3 years 10 months ago #210793 by cobbadog
As suggested try all the wreckers but now days they all or mostly feel the used parts are worth the same as new. I would also Google steering and suspension places who actually rebuild the products themselves. These guys may have one sitting there for sale and not exchange. I know there is a fairly new Company locally here in Taree that does their own rebuilds and it's places like this that just maybe able to help.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
3 years 10 months ago #211209 by bparo
got home today to find a power steering box and associated parts with a note that they would like $X for them and came out of a driving car that was written off after a rear end shunt 2 years ago. The parts had been stored in a shed since. As $X is the price they were going for 5 years ago and about 1/4 the current going rate they have been paid for.

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #211210 by Dave_64
Sounds like at 1/4 the going price, you haven't done too bad at all.
I went to buy one for a CJ6 Jeep about 10 years ago and didn't have a service exchange, so was charged just over $700 for one in Geelong, that was fully reconditioned.
AND, still had to chase the pump and brackets!
I take it that it is the Bishop-Bendix one?
Cheers, Dave
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Dave_64.

More
3 years 10 months ago #211214 by asw120
Sounds good. Cost me $400 10 years ago to have the one in my Cherokee done, while I drove around with a Matador one in it. They're not cheap.

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

Time to create page: 0.479 seconds