Skip to main content

want to buy Dodge AT4 door lock tumbler plus key

More
3 years 8 months ago #212332 by MR G
Gday All
I am after the door Lock (tumbler I think it called ) and key to fit a 63 Dodge AT4 dose anyone have one for sale .cheers Baz

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #212340 by Lang
Baz

If all you are after is the internal lock tumbler most locksmiths can fit one for you if you take the handle, or door lock key fitting in to them. Will probably mean you have an extra key on your ring. I had the same problem with my OKA and apart from 3 different keys (L and R door and ignition) they were done satisfactorily while I waited. Smaller blokes might have to order the tumbler in but most big operators should have something suitable in stock.

Lang
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Lang.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, MR G

More
3 years 8 months ago #212365 by Morris
Baz,
If Lang is correct in describing what you need but you don't want different keys, take 'em ALL to the locksmith and get new tumblers all keyed alike!

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!
The following user(s) said Thank You: MR G

More
3 years 8 months ago #212368 by asw120
Last time I got anything like this done, the locksmith called the middle bit a "plug". Half of the pins are in it, the other half in the outer part. It has been quite a while, hope I got that right. The pins are readily available no problems. I think the Dodges have a different blank between the doors and ignition, though. My 1979 300 does and it's definitely original.

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II
The following user(s) said Thank You: MR G

Time to create page: 0.372 seconds