Updated 28th July.

If you are unable to login, you probably need to read this change to your username & profile.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Inter C1800 & trailer for sale 28 Jul 2020 18:10 #213062

• prodrive
  • prodrive's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 360
Gday fellas,
I bought this old girl about 12 years ago I think, from a lovely 92 year old fellow in Geelong. Of course, as is so common, I was "going to do her up". But time has got the better of me... I kind of had visions of doing her up just like the old bloke (Ray) would have, with a bit of undercoat, a bit of tin, and try to keep her in her working clothes. I actually had the brakes on the prime mover done up, then it sat around for so long they stuffed up again! Good old Vacuam over hydraulic..
Essentially, it is a pretty genuine old truck, I think old Ray bought her new. But the cab is probably shagged (the whole thing is probably shagged!) unless you are more capable then me.
It has a nice running Perkins 6354 engine, (leaky water pump) 5 sp, 2 sp diff, etc. It has optional owner fitted luxuries like... A radio!!! And a dashboard light!!
The trailer is a really old strap Freighter, so old it has a wooden toolbox..as cool as. I threw most of the floor out when I picked it up all those years ago. The frame is quite good, apart from where the strap meets the frame near the turntable, she has rusted down there, but I think that is not too hard to fix.
The truck comes with a rust free LH door and LH mudguard. it starts and drives, (albeit with only the handbrake)
It's a shame to sell her, but I do hope someone will do her up. I always wanted to do the Crawlin the Hume in her... It'd be great.
BUT it's a full on project.
About three grand for th etruck and trailer? Give me a yell if you are keen. oh four one eight 526 852.
Cheers
Richard

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH, Rattail 1927

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Inter C1800 & trailer for sale 28 Jul 2020 18:12 #213063

• prodrive
A few more pics-

Stuck it in , One outa 3 so far..... Sarge.

The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Mrsmackpaul, Mairjimmy, PaulFH, Terra

Last edit: by Sarge :-X.

Inter C1800 & trailer for sale 29 Jul 2020 09:33 #213081

• prodrive
Old Ray let me take a few snaps of his photos- These are a few of them, plus a couple of the Inter when it was a working girl.
(I'm trying to stick em in, stick em in!!)

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mrsmackpaul, PaulFH

Inter C1800 & trailer for sale 29 Jul 2020 09:53 #213084

• prodrive
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mrsmackpaul, PaulFH

Inter C1800 & trailer for sale 29 Jul 2020 09:54 #213085

• prodrive
Saved the best till last...

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mrsmackpaul, PaulFH, V8Ian, wee-allis

Inter C1800 & trailer for sale 29 Jul 2020 18:43 #213094

• Sarge :-X
  • Thank you received: 336
Well stuck..... and good history.:)
Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

Inter C1800 & trailer for sale 31 Jul 2020 21:12 #213186

• Morris
  • Thank you received: 648
Prodrive,
It was great to meet you yesterday. It proves that all members of this forum and the HCVCA are really good people and great enthusiasts.
Don't forget to ask your Brother to keep an eye out for 23 inch disc wheels to take 500x23 tyres, and any 1920's bogie drive Morris Commercial parts.
Looking forward to catching up with you when you come down this way.

I have a true story showing an example of the English class system but will hold it for this coming Monday's "Sometimes Sayings" in case I run out of things for my weekly entry.

Morris.
I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.615 seconds

Historic Commercial Vehicles Club of Australia Inc.  Post: P.O. Box 2020 Bayswater Vic. 3153    Clubrooms: Unit 8 / 4  Macquarie Place Boronia    Club Phone: 0400 025 525    Club Rooms:  03) 9738 1558