Updated 28th July.

If you are unable to login, you probably need to read this change to your username & profile.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Dodge DF3 Cab over parts - far Western Victoria 10 Jan 2021 23:31 #217887

• The Moth
  • The Moth's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 5
Hi all - I’ve been missing for a while –But I’m back – (at least here anyway) – and I have ended up with a complete 77 odd Dodge DF3 “650” , Cab Over truck/chassis (12000 odd GMV).
I got it primarily for the PTO driven underbody hoist , but beyond that – there is little that is of likely much real use to me as I have Leyland “G” Cabs.
Its got a petrol 318 V8 that I was told was knackered by the farmer (haven’t tried it yet) – a new process 5 speed (no idea if it’s a od version ) – Air over hydraulic brakes with a Eaton split diff which I will be looking to keep unless I come across a Leyland one.
For its age – the cab is in quite reasonable condition with likely a touch of rust in somewhere I haven’t bothered to look at.
I will pinch the distb , carb , alternator, air comp, maybe starter from the 318 – all things to do with the hoist, diff, Power steering unit, the brake master cyl etc and the dash instruments – (and possibly anything else I reckon may be useful) – but the rest of it is very likely going to scrap around March 2020.
There are lots of useable bits on it , if you have one you are trying to fix up etc.
If you pull it (and its not something I have claimed already) – you can have it all the remains for free - its located in far west Victoria 100k odd down the Western highway from the SA boarder nowadays - but remember that everyone seems to be trying to spread Covid, so check any restrictions.
I am really looking for a “G” cab Leyland Boxer or something (there is a old Dyna on site too) – so I am open to all deals.
Just remember – you can a get it (I have tools etc about) – but way too many other things to do right now.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by hayseed. Reason: inserted pics

Dodge DF3 Cab over parts - far Western Victoria 14 Jan 2021 15:33 #217973

• Mrsmackpaul
  • Thank you received: 1394
Moth have sent you a message

Paul
Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.352 seconds

Historic Commercial Vehicles Club of Australia Inc.  Post: P.O. Box 2020 Bayswater Vic. 3153    Clubrooms: Unit 8 / 4  Macquarie Place Boronia    Club Phone: 0400 025 525    Club Rooms:  03) 9738 1558