Skip to main content

JAP Engines and parts wanted.

More
2 years 8 months ago #224624 by JOHN.K.
A heads up for collectors of junk........Didja know the JAP 600cc engine off a Howard Gem rotary hoe can be worth up to $2000.? Must be the motor bike type ,a JAP with a UCZ engine serial prefix.....The JAP 750cc V twin motor off a pommy Autotruck (strange little 3 wheeler tug,) is worth up to $6000 if complete and in fair condition......doesnt need to run........The big JAP v twin off the railway trolley is worth $10,000.+.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Southbound

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 8 months ago #224646 by Southbound
Thanks John and Lang for the info, I've put it up for sale again and was asked by a prospective buyer what it fits.
John, the JAP engines are rare and collectable, I'm into old motorcycles and would like some thing pre war with a JAP single cylinder engine. There is a business in the UK manufacturing them now.

I'd rather have tools that I don't need, than not have the tools I do need.

More
2 years 8 months ago #224650 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic JAP Engines and parts wanted.
Southbound, I have got a single cylinder JAP engine but it would need a very small motor bike to go in.....

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

More
2 years 8 months ago #224656 by JOHN.K.
Some JAP motors are worth zillions,some are worth very little........on ebay there are hopefulls with the wrong ones trying to get zilllions.

More
2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #224661 by Southbound
Sarge, is the engine a 2 stroke with a curved fuel tank? If so they were used on reel mowers.
As John says the industrial engines get swept up in the mystic and aren't worth much. I have a JAP timing cover as Shed Art and it's probably all I will ever own that's JAP!

I'd rather have tools that I don't need, than not have the tools I do need.
Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Southbound.

More
2 years 8 months ago #224662 by hayseed
Have any of You Blokes got a JAP Fuel Cap like this..

As I have a Little JAP Motor missing the Fuel cap...

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
2 years 8 months ago #224665 by JOHN.K.
An interesting application of the JAP 600cc is as a starting engine on a big diesel......I got a Dorman 6DL in the yard had a 500cc JAP on it .....the JAP would turn over the Dorman with ease ,and start straight away......oddly its a motorbike engine from 1937 .....not an industrial.......branded VR ,so thats who owned it at one time.

More
2 years 8 months ago #224667 by cobbadog
Keep a watch out on the usual auction sites. They do turn up at times. Also swap meets and rallies if they ever are allowed to happen again.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
2 years 8 months ago #224672 by JOHN.K.
Its possible replicas are being made.......I know the original tank caps made by Ceandess Ltd of Wolverhampton are still available,and for a somwhat higher price ,stamped with the old oil co logos.

More
2 years 8 months ago #224674 by Inter-Action
I have 2 complete JAP engines. Both small vertical 4 stroke as used on single stand shearing plants. One has a oval tank the other
round . Both engines turn over . One with round tank has a brass plate with engine number and where it was made in England.
Any one interested , i would be happy to sell for realistic price. Sold as a pair. Send a PM with email address and i will get some photos
organised. Both engines have original tank and oil caps.

Time to create page: 0.551 seconds