Skip to main content

Commer maintenance handbook

More
2 years 7 months ago #224923 by Inter-Action
I have for sale a genuine original Commer maintenance handbook. Covers the following: 5/7/10/11/12 ton. Both diesel and petrol. It is a bit rough externally but internally quite good with heaps of info. The book has 200 pages of specs and general info.
If anyone is interested send me a PM and i can probably organise some photos. Asking $40.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 7 months ago #224940 by cobbadog
Could this be what PDU needs for his C for Commer project after the B for Bedford? :woohoo:

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Morris, V8Ian

More
2 years 7 months ago #224976 by PDU
Replied by PDU on topic Commer maintenance handbook
Not enough years left in my tank for that to ever happen cobba. I'm realistic about my future. and have been considering a T shirt with "Past my use by date" written on it. :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
2 years 7 months ago #224978 by Dave_64
Replied by Dave_64 on topic Commer maintenance handbook
Hi, does it cover any of the smaller Rootes trucks of the Karrier brand, Bantam? Gamecock etc? Tkanx Dave_64

More
2 years 7 months ago #224979 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Commer maintenance handbook
Dontv think so.....I have the blue plastic springback manual...........and from memory ,the smaller commers down to the van were in another book................I got cartons full of commer manuals when Supply/Transport Dept closed down ,unfortunately all the petrol ones ....4cyl,six (which I think was the Humber Super Snipe 3litre?)...and all the 13" and 16" wheel commers ,I saved the springbacks and dumped the pages ............anyhoo ,had dozens of knocker books (engines were a sepatrate book),dumped some ,then people started asking for them.......sold the last pair ,knocker engine,truck ) a few years ago.....I saved one truck manual and one parts book.....(.Also had boxes of Leyland manuals ......no one has ever wanted one!)

More
2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #224981 by Dave_64
Replied by Dave_64 on topic Commer maintenance handbook
Damn! Been chasing the 1959-1963 Karrier Bantam workshop manual for some time. Proving elusive Dave
Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by Dave_64.

More
2 years 7 months ago #224985 by JOHN.K.
i think ? the small commer book has a maroon cover springback........one thing I do know ,the springbacks will take a bite out of the web of your hand .....very sharp teeth.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave_64

More
2 years 7 months ago #224986 by JOHN.K.
The Leyland manuals of the same era are works of art......they are the best truck manuals Ive ever seen ,full page drawings ,half tone pictures,exploded assemblies ,every possible detail of the truck is there in such detail a beginner could fix one .Octopus ,Hippo ,Beaver ,Comet .......later 1970s Leyland manuals are nowehere near as good ,but still drawings of every assembly ,just not as pretty as the halftones.....Albion manuals are good ,with drawings of every part ,and Im talking technical drawings ,not the rubbish stuff in modern books with a photo traced around with a felt pen....ugh.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave_64

More
2 years 7 months ago #224992 by cobbadog
I've often said That I've lived longer than what I have got left to go. Just about then Dee cuffs me up the lug hole.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
2 years 7 months ago #225011 by JOHN.K.
its better to have projects that will never be done ,than having nothing to do ,and doing nothing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, PDU

Time to create page: 0.487 seconds