Skip to main content

Reo Truck wheels wanted

More
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #227769 by blastermike
Looking for at least 3 20” truck wheels for a 37/38 Reo 2 ton model, i have seen the same wheels on an earlier 35 model Reo, the truck i have is fairly complete apart from the rusted out wheels and rear section of the chassis
these Reo wheels are quiet distintive picture below of the style
Thanks mike

You nearly had it right, you just needed to click insert to insert the pictures.......
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Sarge. Reason: Spelling mistake
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 months ago #227782 by Morris
Replied by Morris on topic Reo Truck wheels wanted
blastermike I have one wheel (I know I had two but cannot find the other one) 20 inch five stud but the shape of the "hand" holes might be slightly different. PM me your phone number and I will send you a picture. It/they have old tyres gone hard so I do not want any money for them. Located near Phillip Island, Victoria.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!
The following user(s) said Thank You: blastermike

More
2 years 5 months ago #227796 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic Reo Truck wheels wanted
If the centres are still good then cut them out anddddddd weld them b ack into new/er rims

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #227803 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Reo Truck wheels wanted
The holes are one brand of wheel,used also by Federal........however ,any 5stud Budd wheel will fit...........the wheels shown have the odd solid lockring,also used on some WW2 GMCs......no Inter wheel ever had the solid lockring...............I d be inclined to soak them in molasses for a month,and get rid of the heavy rust,maybe the lockrings will come off,then fill all the wasted away metal with weld
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by JOHN.K..
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH, blastermike

More
2 years 5 months ago #227809 by blastermike
Replied by blastermike on topic Reo Truck wheels wanted
Thanks for the help, now i know that that type was used on federals and maybe other brands, im going to strip the tyres of and blast the rims and locking rings to see just what ive got
or not??
Cheers
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
2 years 5 months ago #228208 by blastermike
Striped the tyres off the rims and its only looking like ive only got 2 decent rims and maybe another 1 could be repaired??
the other 3 including their centres are too far gone, so if anyone can help ? drop me a line please,
Thanks mike

More
2 years 4 months ago #229772 by blastermike
Couldnt help myself, painted the 2 good wheels and have removed the centers out of 2 others, im happy with the colour match, still lots to do, hoping to repair the rear section of chassis and fabricate a new rear crossmember in the next month or so
Mike
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, PaulFH, asw120, wee-allis, oliver1950

More
1 year 11 months ago #235140 by blastermike
Started on the process of making wheels
a good mate gave me 4 reasonable 20” rims with split lock rings so i spent most of yesterday striping the tyres off and punching out the rivets to change the centers
2 of my centres are wasted in a few spots around the flat edge where the riv ets go so ill need to weld in some new steel. I should end up with a good set of 4 for the rear
Mike
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, Morris, Lang, Mrsmackpaul, PaulFH, wee-allis, oliver1950

More
1 year 11 months ago #235143 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Reo Truck wheels wanted
Sounds good to me, I reckon those blokes that do up steam engines etc might be the go to find some rivets
A fella around the corner has / had a traction engine and the made a stamp thingy to make their own rivets

I got the reeling this was a common thing for these blokes to do so they probably already have or know of the right person that as the stamp to make the rivets you will be needing

Baring that some bolts close to the right shape will do

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
1 year 11 months ago #235149 by blastermike
Hi paul yeh ive got some rivets to redo the centers, ill just need to make up a plate to spin them on to make sure they run true or maybe have them spun on a lathe to achieve this? Ive got a mate whos a machinist so ill talk to him on whats best
Cheers mike

Time to create page: 0.489 seconds