Skip to main content

Commer For Sale - Low Miles, 1959, Petrol Engine. (On Facebook Marketplace)

More
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #227989 by Muttlee
This old Commer flat bed truck is for sale on Marketplace. It's not mine but l did speak with the fella earlier today.
It's not a TS3 engine as originally stated in the advert, it's petrol.
Seems like a great buy for someone into their Commers....

Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Sarge.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 months ago #227997 by mammoth
Great truck but shame they start off on the wrong foot. No price set and asking for a value is the sellers version of being a tyre kicker.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Southbound

More
2 years 5 months ago #227999 by Lang
Steve you are right about the ad. I have found that the likelihood of "No wankers, low-ballers or tyre-kickers"+ being in an ad is in direct proportion to how many tattoos and how few teeth the seller has. 99% certain they come from, how will I put it?- the lower strata of the community. Unless I really want the item badly I steer clear rather than deal with an arrogant idiot.

Having said that the truck certainly looks like a great proposition for a club vehicle restoration or just use as-is.

Lang
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Southbound

More
2 years 5 months ago #228000 by wee-allis
Lang, I thought the saying was, "From the shallow end of the gene pool".
The following user(s) said Thank You: Morris, oliver1950

More
2 years 5 months ago #228001 by oliver1950
Some from above the high tide mark of the gene pool

You can't have too many toys!

More
2 years 5 months ago #228012 by overnite
Couldn’t even be bothered to drive it out of the stable for some decent photos.

More
2 years 5 months ago #228030 by JOHN.K.
these guys get the impression its worth the crazy prices being asked by some of the hot rod /rat rod /holden conversion wankers ,who can be found asking $30-$40,000 for old trucks on fbook

More
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #228100 by 77louie400
A bit of a common now days, moneys number one, long gone are the days when they would give Dad's truck to someone they knew would restore to new condition out of respect for the their father, now it's let's screw the last cent out of the old prick. At this this point I must say I am not a collector or a restorer I am just really bad at selling things, when I load up a Truck with Bulldozers or Tractors or old cars and go west to a vintage machinery rally or even when I take a old motor cycle to a vintage bike rally it is only about the people you meet and the conversations you have nothing more. $600 dollars for fuel to have a yarn why, why not you can spend that much for a weekend in the city and really speak to no one.
I have been keeping a eye on The Vintage Motorcycle Clubs tour of Bathurst for 45 or so years and watched the changes in value of what's collected and what's worth money, and it travels with the 60 year old's, what the 60 year old's wished for when they were teenage is worth the most when the are in their 60's and the price rises and falls either side, that Commer is at best worth 3 grand, those that are paying a million for GTHO's have about 6 years to get out in 15 years they will in my guess they will be worth say $40,000 in good condition, if you apply the the same value to car's that has been applied to motor bikes over the last 40 years and why would you think any different.
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by 77louie400. Reason: spelling
The following user(s) said Thank You: hayseed, cobbadog, Lang, Southbound, V8Ian

More
2 years 5 months ago #228109 by mammoth
Spot on observation Louie, and reminds me that the 50's and 60's trucks in my paddock are dropping to just scrap value as time goes by. There are exceptions, such as the genuinely rare AND historic, or with special provenance, but you have to find the buyer.

More
2 years 5 months ago #228116 by 77louie400

Spot on observation Louie, and reminds me that the 50's and 60's trucks in my paddock are dropping to just scrap value as time goes by. There are exceptions, such as the genuinely rare AND historic, or with special provenance, but you have to find the buyer.

You can see the change even at the Dubbo truck show over the short time it has been running, we are moving through the 70's and and starting early 80's now for 60 year old's, there is still a lot of older blokes turning up in older trucks but they are not buying them or they were their fathers, so the market for 50's is pretty much karput and market for 60's is as you say are slipping away to scrape value

Time to create page: 0.487 seconds