Skip to main content

Commer For Sale - Low Miles, 1959, Petrol Engine. (On Facebook Marketplace)

More
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #228117 by Lang
Just hang on to them for 10 more years. The 40/50's vehicle hotrod wave is marching forward. Look at what F-100 - F-350 from the 60/70 period are bringing and cabs from the early period are in demand. Shame about the rest of the truck being dumped to be replaced by a Holden one tonner or Hilux chassis

My investment tip for the next 5 years - Holden one ton chassis. They are not making any more of them.
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Lang.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 months ago #228128 by 77louie400
You maybe right Lang, the problem with the hot rod market for every 50 Vehicles that get chopped up and wrecked only one ever gets finished, drag cars are the same
The following user(s) said Thank You: Morris

More
2 years 5 months ago #228129 by Lang
Yes that is what really annoys me. So many idiots involved with no skills or money or work ethic to finish the job but not before they destroy our history.

I am always hugely impressed by the workmanship seen on quality hot rods but almost all of them look like complete crap to me particularly the poor mans option of "rat rods" with "patina". When they are finished they have $50,000 spent on a vehicle almost nobody else wants except to chop again into their own creation.

All very well to say it is their vehicle to do with as they want but they are vandalising our motoring history with ever rarer examples of where we came from. May as well set them up as targets on the rifle range.

Just my opinion and I know it goes against some enthusiasts on the forum.

Lang
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, oliver1950

More
2 years 5 months ago #228139 by JOHN.K.
IMHO,by 2030 ,the hotrod better be battery electric,cause no v8 motor is going to cut it by then......unless its a fibreglass dummy,like the merlins about.

More
2 years 5 months ago #228165 by cobbadog
A rellie of mine from Oberon did up his Dads jail bar grille Ford and now looks fairly decent. The bike Museum in Bathurst ha some nice displays in it and after meeting the Curator once a while back he said that not everything can be on display so it will be worth another look in next time we are in the district

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

Time to create page: 0.448 seconds