Updated 28th July.

If you are unable to login, you probably need to read this change to your username & profile.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Thornycroft on Grays 25 Jan 2022 16:19 #231104

• Lang
  • Lang's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 6214

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Thornycroft on Grays 25 Jan 2022 18:18 #231110

• mammoth
  • Thank you received: 447
This truck was originally with NSW Railways and then operated by a Moree grain farmer. When it was auctioned at the clearing sale in the '80's farmer told me he had to take two bites at the silo weighbridge which only went to 20 tons. Restored by Hedley Abra who installed the joey box to get a bit more speed. It was driven from Delungra to a Brisbane show once but that was enough. recent owner has done some serious molestation;- converting to oversize singles and low profiles at that, and to get the oversize front tyres under the mudguards has put packers under the springs. If he wanted the look of an AEC Militant he should have bought one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: V8Ian

Thornycroft on Grays 26 Jan 2022 08:14 #231143

• Morris
  • Thank you received: 889

This truck was originally with NSW Railways and then operated by a Moree grain farmer. When it was auctioned at the clearing sale in the '80's farmer told me he had to take two bites at the silo weighbridge which only went to 20 tons. Restored by Hedley Abra who installed the joey box to get a bit more speed. It was driven from Delungra to a Brisbane show once but that was enough. recent owner has done some serious molestation;- converting to oversize singles and low profiles at that, and to get the oversize front tyres under the mudguards has put packers under the springs. If he wanted the look of an AEC Militant he should have bought one.

I'm with you, Mammoth. Also the person at Grey's who wrote the ad. cannot count. Morris.
I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

Thornycroft on Grays 04 Feb 2022 18:57 #231582

• allan
  • Thank you received: 140
Reckon I saw this fella today heading north up the Hume, just beyond Violet Town. Probably abt 75 kph on a very slight incline, blowing blue smoke with a bit of an odour. Being followed by I think it was a Discovery with hazards flashing.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.420 seconds

Historic Commercial Vehicles Club of Australia Inc.  Post: P.O. Box 2020 Bayswater Vic. 3153    Clubrooms: Unit 8 / 4  Macquarie Place Boronia    Club Phone: 0400 025 525    Club Rooms:  03) 9738 1558