Skip to main content

butterbox acco

More
2 years 2 months ago #231457 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic butterbox acco
Where the roof panel and cab sides are joined is probably the worst......if IH had simply turned the seam downwards ,instead of upwards,the whole thing wouldnt form a gutter to collect water..........the C series ACCOs had a poor bonnet too.....the previous model had a nice fiberglass bonnet that opened up to slide the battery out ,or work on the brake or clutch master cylinders ......the tin lid was the worst possible,IMHO,but probably saved a few dollars in production cost.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH, Old Fargo

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 2 months ago #231780 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic butterbox acco
180 is on the money, back lower cab corners where the floor joins, drivers floor was like lace in mine, front edge of the bonnet. I have some short stress cracks in the roof, probably from having tarps or people dumped on it. My doors were /are okay. and parts.... they seem to be readily available.

A very easy truck to work on. you can pull the front off and slide the donk out for major surgery. Cab is nice and basic. very basic for a mug like me to keep in working clothes easily.

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH, Old Fargo

More
2 years 2 months ago #231801 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic butterbox acco
I had new panels for these....but no one would buy them,because I had sold a brand new cab for $700..........theyd all say....wanna new cab ,wanna new cab!..........Now they turn up ...where the new panels you had.........simple ,right where they were 40 years ago......why didnt you put them under cover ......then they go over the new front that no one would buy...its got rust holes in it.........yeah ,it happens

Time to create page: 0.444 seconds