Skip to main content

Western Traders Current Auction

More
1 year 9 months ago #237182 by Lang
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 9 months ago #237187 by mammoth
Lang, I thought you had therapy for K100 Kenworths? The sale also includes inters and louies and a nice 408hp F12 Volvo

More
1 year 9 months ago #237197 by Lang
Not for me Steve. I have decided any truck I buy will be going ready to drive away. I am over working on stuff that I can not pick up the gearbox by myself. Even thinking of moving the Mack and buying an old no-fuss 90's Isuzu or Mitsubishi tilt tray that you just hop in and know will get you there and back with a smaller toy on behind.

Lang
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bobsboy, cobbadog

More
1 year 8 months ago #237421 by Lang
The old girls do not seem to be creating much interest by the last day.

auction.westerntraders87.com.au/auctions...l+marketing+software

More
1 year 8 months ago #237423 by Gryphon
Hi,

you can find posts on here for that truck going back probably 12 months I think. It seems to be a regular at that auction.

Terry

More
1 year 8 months ago #237425 by Lang
Terry

I think Steve (Mammoth) commented that some of the Western Traders sellers put high reserves on their stuff resulting in repeated appearances. I would have thought the auction house would give you two or three goes but then tell you to meet the market as it was giving them a bad name with old stock continuously coming up.

Lang
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH, V8Ian

More
1 year 8 months ago #237434 by hayseed
I'm a fairly Keen Auction Goer, & I Don't even bother with those Auctions anymore..!!

Lang, I'm fairly certain There's No Outside Auction House Involved, & they use the Auctions more as a ploy to get people through the Gate.. BISTBC

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lang, Mrsmackpaul, PaulFH

More
1 year 8 months ago #237435 by V8Ian
I find everything at WT overpriced and the sales staff uncooperative. I was interested in a vehicle they had for sale and they wouldn't even unlock it for me to inspect. Ended up buying bigger and better, 20% cheaper elsewhere.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hayseed, Lang, PaulFH

More
1 year 8 months ago #237463 by Mrsmackpaul
Many years ago when I was younger dumber I bought a McGrath road train dolly from them, no auctions then and no drama, couldn't do enough to help me

I have passed by there a few times over the years and have since found them exactly as Ian says, over priced and under enthuised to be of any assistance or help to someone wanting to purchase

Anyway they must be finding some jokers to buy their stuff or they wouldn't be still around

There was a mob in Altona Melb that were like that as well, they have fallen by the way side

And yes I think most if not all of their gear they own, comes from farms etc around the downs and beyond

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
1 year 8 months ago #237466 by V8Ian
Next time you pass there, Paul, yell out, we can have a coffee or maybe a cold bevy.

Time to create page: 0.508 seconds