Skip to main content

V series Commer Workshop Manual

More
1 year 8 months ago #237674 by VCAW-Commer
Gday all.

I am currently searching for a workshop manual for my Commer truck. It is a 1971 model "VC" model. Apparently they made the VA, VB and then the VC. I have one for a VA but would like to find the VC manual. The details of the truck are as follows: VCAWE-762 814394 VEH-651

If you know of people who would be likely to have one or just any advice of acquiring one it is all greatly appreciated. Cheers.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 8 months ago #237678 by Mrsmackpaul
Something a little like this ?

Maybe pommy land might be a better bet or NZ

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
1 year 8 months ago #237689 by jeffo
I haven’t visited for a long time but Howard Pettigrew’s site “Commer Connections” used to be a mine of info

More
1 year 8 months ago #237698 by JOHN.K.
I once had a cubic metre of Commer manuals from the Supply Transport.....everything from the 'orrible ' narrow steering vans to the big trucks ......four cylinder petrols ,Humber sixes,to the big Commer 4.7l petrols ......and dozens of Knocker motor manuals.....no one ever wanted anything,I threw away all the small petrol stuff ,and Im down to the last truck manual,and a truck parts book...........IMHO,the truck manuals wont be much good ,as they are a series of separate component manuals ,and dont include stuff like the six sped box ......but do have heaps on the air brakes ...........but seeing as just about all the Girling brake stuff is 50 years obsolete,and Pommy trucks had to have a stupid triple line/triple diaphragm air system..........Oh well.there ya go.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

More
1 year 8 months ago #237699 by Lang
VCAW

If you can wait I am sure I have C manual. It is very comprehensive including full details on servicing all Commer used gearboxes.

There is SFA difference between the A,B,C manuals.

Have sold my last Commer so you can have it. Think a parts manual also.

Catch is it is in a container waiting for insurance company to rebuild the flood damage.

Will let you know when it is reachable.

Lang
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH, VCAW-Commer

More
1 year 8 months ago #237720 by Gryphon
Hi,

I have removed a previous post from Overnite who provided personal contact details for Howard P.

As well meaning and useful to the OP, it is not appropriate to post personal details of anyone without their permission. In this instance the email address as been passed through to the OP looking for the manual to follow up.

Terry
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe

More
1 year 8 months ago #237725 by overnite
My apologies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gryphon

More
1 year 8 months ago #237732 by Kav
Replied by Kav on topic V series Commer Workshop Manual
As somebody has said, there is little difference between all the Manuals. Probably the Braking systems would have been the main one. There was a particular model of the D series Fords which had an almost identical split system to the VC, and most parts were interchangeable. I used to buy the Ford parts because, in the day they were easier to get, and mostly were much cheaper for the same part number.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

More
1 year 8 months ago - 1 year 8 months ago #238168 by VCAW-Commer
Cheers fellas you have all been very helpful
Last edit: 1 year 8 months ago by VCAW-Commer.

More
1 year 8 months ago #238169 by VCAW-Commer
replying to lang thankyou id appreciate that, sorry to hear you got caught up in the floods
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lang

Time to create page: 0.566 seconds