Skip to main content

Fuel Delivery Tanks.

More
11 years 7 months ago #24458 by Mrsmackpaul
yes it costs up to 14cents a litre more to get bulk fuel to farm now go figure and you used to get the next day or same day now it's noramly next week

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #24459 by
Replied by on topic Re: Fuel Delivery Tanks.
geoffa .. the publication ''this age of oil'' has a chapter on neptune and its origins...but only up to about 1963, when this book was produced....

...no sign of the trident on any truck or tank in these earliest pics up till that time, but may have been a marketing thing later in the sixties

the original logo was a viking holding the trident ...as per the first pic in this publication

More
11 years 6 months ago #24460 by geoffa
Replied by geoffa on topic Re: Fuel Delivery Tanks.
Detective,

Thank you for your kind words about the tanks and drums. I think the result is well worth the effort of finding the tanks, the stands, 44 gallon drums not all rusty and dented, the drum stencils, the correct paint colour, getting the tank decals made and bringing it all together. This was actually more involved than the straight forward task of just sanding the tanks back and painting them.

Beaver,

Can you tell me what company made the tanks you mentioned. My tanks have the letter M in beads of weld on the bottom of each end.

It would be interesting to know what company made them.

Geoff.

11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #24461 by
...geoffa .. i have to admit to being a twit ;D ;D ;D ;D

....the guy with the trident is king neptune.... ::) ::) ::)

More
11 years 6 months ago #24462 by Beaver
Replied by Beaver on topic Re: Fuel Delivery Tanks.

Beaver,

Can you tell me what company made the tanks you mentioned. My tanks have the letter M in beads of weld on the bottom of each end.

It would be interesting to know what company made them.

Geoff.

Geoff.

In NSW these tanks were made for us by a steel fabrication company at Auburn, but despite all the dealings I had with them, I just can't recall their name at the moment. I tried a bit of searching and can't find anything that looks familiar. No doubt long gone, as most of the former industry of that era.

Rheem did make a lot of other storage tank product for us, and no doubt would have made these too. But they seem to be out of this market now.

The M doesn't help my memory much, but may have an oil company code, rather than manufacturer. I think that a stamped plate with build details would have been on the tanks somewhere?

Beaver@ Museum of Fire

More
11 years 6 months ago #24463 by gorby
Replied by gorby on topic Re: Fuel Delivery Tanks.
this pic has nothing to do with your type of tanks but I thought it worth posting due to it being fuel related

11 years 6 months ago #24464 by
geoffa, some pics of our old tanks

More
11 years 6 months ago #24465 by geoffa
Bigcam,

This is the closest looking truck I have at the moment to the ABD182 (Well it an International and it is red).

The real one is on its way. Stay tuned.

Geoff.

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #24466 by geoffa
This is the truck we hope to use to recreate the photo at the beginning of this thread. It is an ABD182 International with a silver 6.354 120hp Perkins, 5sp overdrive gearbox, 153inch wheelbase with an inverted L shaped reinforcement on the chassis from the centre of the front axle to just rear of the front spring hanger of the rear spring assembly. The original truck had a 196 inch WB so we will be extending the chassis by 43 inches and fitting a 19ft tray.

Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by geoffa.

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #24467 by geoffa
Beaver,

You said you worked for Amoco and organised the purchase of fuel delivery tanks for them. I bought this tank yesterday. I thought this pic might bring back some memories for you.

I don't know whether to restore it in Amoco colours or those of some other oil company. Would it be more interesting in the colour scheme of one of the oil companies that have disappeared rather than Shell or BP for example.

I would like to hear what everyone thinks.

Geoff.

Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by geoffa.

Time to create page: 0.600 seconds