Skip to main content

FODEN OR ERF WANTED

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #25736 by foden mad
I am looking to purchase a Foden or ERF. I would prefer a 1970 to 1980s model, though am not sure how many of these late model trucks are out here? I would consider any model though.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #25737 by truckmad
Replied by truckmad on topic Re: FODEN OR ERF WANTED
your best bet is to look over in new zeland your options are way better over there

More
14 years 2 weeks ago - 14 years 2 weeks ago #25738 by VicHung
Replied by VicHung on topic Re: FODEN OR ERF WANTED
Truckmad is right, NZ has more Fodens and ERFs than anywhere in the world apart from the UK. Have a look at

www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Trucks...uction-268323907.htm

www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Trucks...uction-280815713.htm
Last edit: 14 years 2 weeks ago by VicHung.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #25739 by mammoth
Replied by mammoth on topic Re: FODEN OR ERF WANTED
Both have been popping up on this forum from time to time - have a search to get an idea of what is around. I don't think any more ERF's were imported after the export equivalent of the A series, well not until some EC series badged as Western Star.
you need to say where you are and how much you are prepared to to pay for carting for any purchase.

This was taken last year. It had Sth Aus rego and was floated from WA. Tares 28 ton. S36 cab, 6LXB, 12 sp

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #25740 by doug
Replied by doug on topic Re: FODEN OR ERF WANTED
G'Day
There is a Foden with a RollRoyce engine (previously a Gardner) in Westmead in Sydney.
The fellow who owns it (Mick i think) used in on interstate until about 12 months ago.
It has been parked up since then.
I have had a look at it myself (not the model i would like) and it is in extremely good condition.
It still has the trailer and all its gear. He may seperate, i know he has had several people asking about it. He cant decide what he wants to do.
If you contact Brian Abood at Aboods Transport in Westmead he can probably put you in contact with Mick.
The truck was originally Aboods then it was bought by the present owner and subbied to Brian.
Hope this helps

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #25741 by mammoth
Is this the one with the Kenworth cab?

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #25742 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: FODEN OR ERF WANTED
Steve, the one with the Kenworth cab has recently changed hands again, but the chances of laying your hands on that one are about as slim as getting hold of Tony Saba's, which I'm assuming they are reffering to here. The KW cab one has lived on the Downs for a fair while, and is Rolls Cunardly powered as well. Might have to move to Sydney to be Johnny on the spot, if your looking at the other one. Here's a pic.

And here's another one that was at Prices, all that remains is the cabin now.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #25743 by werkhorse
Replied by werkhorse on topic Re: FODEN OR ERF WANTED
Ahh the Delta cab........can't get enough of looking at that truck

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #25744 by mammoth
I haven't seen those cabs in books, is it a made in Aussie special? Has similarities to Atki cab.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #25745 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: FODEN OR ERF WANTED
I think Pete may have something about it in his Atkinson book, they where made by Delta fibreglass in Melbourne, I think the Atkinson was Reinforced Plastics. There wern't many about, the cab is still reasonably complete that was at Prices last time I was there.

Time to create page: 0.534 seconds