Skip to main content

veteran Napier truck

More
15 years 11 months ago #1597 by jmagarey
Hi, A friend of mine who lives near Gatton has recently acquired a veteran Napier truck and is looking for parts. Does any body know who would be likely to have any bits and pieces for this age of Napier please?
This chap also has an old Vulcan truck chassis which would also fall into the same league. Thanks John M

JSM

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 years 11 months ago #1598 by Andy Wright
Hi John, Merv Brunt in Colac might be a guy to ask given the extent of his antique truck collection. I don't know him other than what's in his collection though.

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

15 years 11 months ago #1599 by
Replied by on topic Re: veteran Napier truck
Hi John, I think the best person for you is Andrew Provan who is a truck wreaker and only trucks from 1900 - 1940"s i was down in his awhile back i think he had a Napier in his collection .
Andrew Provan's phone no :- (03)52312603 he is in Colac Victoria.Dave

More
15 years 11 months ago #1600 by jmagarey
Replied by jmagarey on topic Re: veteran Napier truck
Hi Andy and deadly dave, thanks for the contacts. I will give them a call. Is any body getting a register together re who is restoring old trucks and what they have and parts wanted as, like most people, we have stuff we would like to find and things we'd gladly sell or swap. It is frustrating to have things in the shed that you'd like to move on but not know who would value them. Thanks John M

JSM

15 years 11 months ago #1601 by
Replied by on topic Re: veteran Napier truck
John,

I haven't heard of any register. I think however some people wouldn't be willing to let everyone know what they have!

The best way to find or pass on parts would be either by advertising them through the Forum, Andy's e-mag or pass details onto a club such as the HCVC.

As for valuing the items. That is always hard! I think the best way is to work out what you believe in item is worth and/or sell obo (or best offer) by a certain date. Even if you ask for too much if some one wants it desperatly I'm sure they would still make an offer.

JBlair

Time to create page: 0.536 seconds