Skip to main content

O Series Bedford

More
15 years 9 months ago #1969 by Sarge
O Series Bedford was created by Sarge
I foolishly parked the old O series bedford at silly mid on and son & heir drove a cricket ball through the passenger side door window. it was hand operated no winder, has anyone any clues as the where the son can buy the dad a new window. >:(

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 years 9 months ago #1970 by Andy Wright
Replied by Andy Wright on topic Re: O Series Bedford
Mark (?), Dave will know, no doubt. I have those windows but they're committed to the '51. Do have spare doors but can't remember if they've got glass in them...plus you'd have to wait til November when they come over.

You've got an English cab on that O?

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

More
15 years 9 months ago #1971 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic Re: O Series Bedford
Yes thanks Andy, It had not occurred to me that there might be an English/Australian cab choice, I will have to look closer. It does have a Cheney (or Patterson Cheney) original tray. :-/

Sarge B)

More
15 years 9 months ago #1972 by atkipete
Replied by atkipete on topic Re: O Series Bedford
Could you get new glass cut by a window place. I wonder about that tray, did Cheneys build them or one of the local bodybuilders ?

15 years 9 months ago #1973 by
Replied by on topic Re: O Series Bedford
Yah Bedfords what a lovely sounding name for a great truck.

All "O" models cabs came with 1/4 vent window and by the time this model hit our land it was being built GMH Australia and those beaut English cabs stop coming to Aussie as war broke out in 1939.

The simple way to replace a side window take the other out and use as a template but try it in the door of the replacment as no door is the same.

The cabs in those days were made to fit the doors in other words the doors wern't made to fit the cabs so check before cutting.Dave

More
15 years 9 months ago #1974 by Sarge
thanks for that Dave, can you tell me why some O's have wind up windows and some or at least mine has only the hand lift.
:-?

Sarge B)

15 years 9 months ago #1975 by
First thing we have to do is find out what sort of Bedford yours is if it is a "O" model the motor is 1/4 in the cab and short bonnet.
Window winders were in use from about 1936 onwards so this makes me think your one has lost or have been taken out or maybe not a Bedford.
Do you have a chassis & eng numbers ?. Dave

More
15 years 9 months ago #1976 by Andy Wright
Replied by Andy Wright on topic Re: O Series Bedford
Mark, does the driver's side windscreen push out?

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

More
15 years 9 months ago #1977 by Sarge
Thanks gents, it is very definitely an O, got all the ID plates etc, and very original nothing lost or missing, the drivers windscreen does push out, both door windows have (had) the folded metal tag to enable the window to be lifted up or pulled down and the lever fitted in the door to lock them up.

:-/

Sarge B)

15 years 9 months ago #1978 by
Well Mark thats been added as i would say the window winders have bugger up and they have not been able to get replacement winders so the next best thing was done and thats what you have.

Post a couple of pics of the old girl inside the cab and outside. Dave :)

Time to create page: 0.483 seconds