Skip to main content

69-72 Leyland FG furniture truck 4 sale

• Topic Author
15 years 9 months ago #2665 by
Hi guys,

Just listed my old Leyland FG furniture truck on e-bay with a no-reserve auction starting at $99 if anyone is interested. it needs restoration, but the motor goes and there is not too much rust. It is located near Lismore in Northern NSW, so if you might be interested, check it out here:

cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIte...=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=005

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 years 9 months ago #2666 by Andy Wright
Hi Beau

If she doesn't sell, get in touch with Andrew Blacklock up Newcastle way. He'll have some leads for you and can spread the word. If you can't find him in the Whitepages, let me know and I'll send you his contact details.

Also, I do free classifieds in my e-magazine so would be happy to advertise her. Just say the word.

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

• Topic Author
15 years 9 months ago #2667 by
Thanks Andy, things are looking pretty good on the sale, but I will bear your other suggestions in mind if she doesn't go. There seems to be a few 'watchers' though. ;)

More
15 years 9 months ago #2668 by kennymopar
maan that photo is haunting my old man bought one exactly the same(bmc 345f) in 1978/9 it was a 1971 petrol model..he finally got rid of it last year from is farm ..he sold it as scrap..but it was full of rust!

• Topic Author
15 years 9 months ago #2669 by
This one may well also be a '71 model, not totally sure of the year exactly. The good thing is that the rust is still minimal and well worth restoring rather than scrapping, however, I simply don't have the time or money to do it myself so I'm really hoping to find a buyer rather than sell a potentially great historic vehicle for scrap. That's why I listed it as no reserve from $99 on ebay, which is actually less than the scrap value. I am also considering the possibility of still offering the motor for sale because it is a good one and still running even if it does have to go to scrap, but only if I can't find a buyer for the complete truck first.

• Topic Author
15 years 9 months ago #2670 by
PLEASE don't tell me the one your old man got rid of last year still had a windscreen and quarter glass ... it would make this grown man cry as I spent 2 years searching everywhere to find them when I was in a better position to restore the truck. I finally got someone in a FG truck club in the UK to put a windscreen aside for me to ship over .... one day. That day never came.

More
15 years 9 months ago #2671 by kennymopar
yep the truck was complete except the engine was out ..its exactly same truck ..same design rear crash bar.roller rear door..luton peak pan..same colour blue..the pan also had the area to put the "cards" for advertising in...do you know much history about ur truck..they obviously must of been sold to the same company new as they are identically specced.. maybe ex waltons trucks?

• Topic Author
15 years 9 months ago #2672 by
No idea of the history, but the Waltons suggestion could be a good one as the colour would be right. Mine was later painted dark green, but still has the blue showing through where the green has worn off. I'm wondering if the scrap dealer would have removed the glass before crunching ... but very unlikely. Drats!

More
15 years 9 months ago #2673 by kennymopar
such a small world !

Time to create page: 0.449 seconds