Skip to main content

Cummins 855 heads wanted

• Topic Author
13 years 5 months ago #36506 by
Cummins 855 heads wanted was created by
G'day all! - I have a mate looking for heads for a 350 small cam Cummins. He's wringing his hands and tearing his hair out at present, trying to rebuild his 350 SC. He's gone through NINE heads to get just TWO useable ones. All the others are cracked beyond economic repair. Anyone seen any good, useable, crack-free, 855 heads for sale?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #36507 by Chocs
Replied by Chocs on topic Re: Cummins 855 heads wanted
stupid question...cummins have none?
i see you are on the left coast but..
macquarie in melbourne
universal trucks in shepparton

glenn lynch in newcastle
chocs 8-)

More
13 years 5 months ago #36508 by Assessor
Hard to get onetrack! 855 family heads are always cracked, mate of mine had a full time job welding up reco,s for cummins, most of the s/h ones are usually buggered no matter where you get them from!

• Topic Author
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #36509 by
Replied by on topic Re: Cummins 855 heads wanted
Chocs - Cummins almost certainly have them, but they want a useable head in exchange. Mate has no useable heads, so he's up for recon head cost, plus core charge .. :'(

He was hoping that someone might have useable heads laying around the shed somewhere. He knows they are very hard to find, and he doesn't really want to pay top dollar from East Coast wreckers .. and then pay to have heads freighted .. only to find they are cracked, too .. :'(

He's happy to pay reasonable money for heads that are guaranteed crack-free, even if they aren't reconditioned.

Time to create page: 0.439 seconds