Skip to main content

ACCO parts wanted for a knob and dipstick...

More
15 years 8 months ago #3595 by Inta ACCOs
Hi everyone,

It's been really great to be part of this forum so far.

I'm looking for bits and pieces for my 79 ACCO, I'm quite dubious about going straight to regular truck wreckers because when I mention some of the things I'm after I immediately appear as an "enthusiast" and they smell $$$.

I know that Wagga Tractors have a few parts on-line but there must be some forum members who have some Accos laying around or knows someone who does:
  • A window wiper with the knob (yes, I know everyone has them missing but I thought I'd ask). The after market ones look cheap and are rather expensive.
  • the original small knob at the end of the indicator stalk
  • an original VDO tacho (that works). Mine has a Stewart Warner fitted and works so maybe I should leave well enough alone for now.
  • An original, single IH air horn
  • An original gearshift knob and 5 speed shift decal. I think I might have got hold of the knob but not the decal, I appreciate that most decals have probably completely worn out after 30 odd years but I may be able to refurbish an ok one. The replacements ones they make for Scouts in the US don't have exactly the same shift pattern but they otherwise look the same. I've photoshopped the one I'm after:

I would be willing to pay a *reasonable* price for any of the above and regular post from anywhere in the country.

For any members that are WA I'd also be interested in:
  • a dipstick for the T6-3544. It snapped at the end during last week's oil change. I can pull it in and out but only with a set of pliers.
  • a four post bullbar.
  • an original exhaust stack mounting setup. I know this requires different front mudguard mounts. I don't think one was ever fitted to my truck as it has the curved mudguard bars.
Finally, can any of the following be purchased as a new replacement parts:
  • the square rubber surround at the base of the gearshift (I've seen lots of pillows over the gearshift to stop the noise getting into the cab!)
  • the small rubber boot at the actual base of the gearshift (I know that both of these corrode because of the heat from the engine)

There's probably a few things I've forgotten but if you have an odd cab or two laying around let me know and we can talk some more.

Cheers,
Joe

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 years 8 months ago #3596 by Inta ACCOs

A window wiper with the knob

I was meant to say door window winder with the knob...

15 years 8 months ago #3597 by
Why dont you contact podge 66 he has lots of Acco's wrecks and repairs them and is a HCVC member mob > 0407518574 . Dave

More
15 years 8 months ago #3598 by Sarge
Hi Joe,
If you find that PODGE is unable to fulfill your wishes contact me, I am finishing off an older version and may be able to help. I will have a scout about in the meantime. :-/

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

More
15 years 8 months ago #3599 by GM Diesel
Joe,

I have a near new VDO rev counter as used in the ACCO. I m looking for a stewart warner reve counter.
Interested in swapping ?

Barry

GM Diesels - Converting diesel into noise since 1938.

More
15 years 8 months ago #3600 by Inta ACCOs
Thanks guys,

Barry - I've never tinkered with a tacho before, is it as simple as disconnecting one and replacing it with another? Surely there must be more to it if they are different tachos?

MAH - I'll probably mail or call Podge but just let me know what you have in the meantime. I'm assuming both you guys are on the east coast.

Cheers,
Joe

15 years 8 months ago #3601 by
Podge & MAH are both in Victoria and Barry is in WA but thats not that far away by post or phone. Dave

More
15 years 8 months ago #3602 by GM Diesel
Joe,

The stewart warner tach you have will be the standard 5/8 male and square drive the same as the VDO. 10 minutes to swap over.
I will send you a couple of pics of the VDO if your interested.
Im trying to get a stewart warner for my Diamond T so I have a matching set of gauges.

Barry

More
15 years 8 months ago #3603 by Inta ACCOs
Hi Barry, I sent you a private message that you probably haven't seen. Nothing particularly private about it other than me just asking your whereabouts in WA.
Cheers,
Joe

More
15 years 8 months ago #3604 by GM Diesel
Joe,
Didnt get the message. Im in Mandurah. 0438 186 836
Barry

Time to create page: 0.486 seconds