Skip to main content

Inter KS5 Tyres Wanted

More
15 years 6 months ago #4997 by Sparky
I am in need of 6 tyres for my Inter. They currently have 750-20/34 but these don't seem to be available. Any suggestions where I can buy some or if an alternate size is available. Any freebies? They only need to be roadworthy not new.

Thanks ;)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 years 6 months ago #4998 by GM Diesel
Sparky,

New 750-20 tyres you can get from Antique Tyres in West Heidelburg, Vic
PH: (03) 9458 4433
FAX: (03) 9458 4795
EMAIL: ben@antiquetyres.com.au

GM Diesels - Converting diesel into noise since 1938.

15 years 6 months ago #4999 by
Replied by on topic Re: Inter KS5 Tyres Wanted
Sparky, i hope your pockets are veryyyyyy deep or you have a large chq book if you go thru Antique tyres .

I suggest you go to 700 x 20 which can get easy thru most good tyre outlets should cost about $160 including rust band and tube and of course they are from china but they are good . Dave

More
15 years 6 months ago #5000 by Sparky
Replied by Sparky on topic Re: Inter KS5 Tyres Wanted
Thanks guys. I forgot to mention the rims are split rims. Will that make any difference? I have also heard that about Antique tyres but if I can get them any where so much the better

15 years 6 months ago #5001 by
Sparky, it dosn't matter if have spilt rims so do most other truck do to but i ure you to think about 700 x 20's as these are much easier to obtain than 750 x 20 but you go ahead and try and get them best of luck . Dave

15 years 6 months ago #5002 by
Sparky,

My Inter also runs 750x20's and I didn't have a huge prob getting tyres for it. They are new cheepies. I did have to special order them. But wasn't a huge wait and the price was reasonable. (Mind you going back a couple of years :-/)

Can't remember the name of the place. But they were in Dandenong, Victoria. Will try and see if I can find the details for you.

More
15 years 6 months ago #5003 by grash
Replied by grash on topic Re: Inter KS5 Tyres Wanted
A local Garage Sale (Melb) has a 7.50 x 20 new recap,tube and rustband, $50. I can go back and get it if anybody is interested.

More
15 years 6 months ago #5004 by Sparky
Replied by Sparky on topic Re: Inter KS5 Tyres Wanted
Thanks for the offer but I'm in Sydney. Unless you're happy to drop it off to my place ;D. I have sent emails to about 5 used tyre places and not had one reply. Maybe they don't like selling them??? >:(

15 years 6 months ago #5005 by
Sparky, you have of the old line that says "let your fingers do the walking " then once that has happened in into the car and go and buy.

I once bought of a bloke in Brisbane 2 x 700 x20 brand new $60 each and had them brought to Melb for less than what i could buy new ones (new at the time was $132 each the price to Melb was $60 the lot) so i think you were grazy to knock back grash's offer. Dave

More
15 years 6 months ago #5006 by Inta ACCOs

I have sent emails to about 5 used tyre places and not had one reply. Maybe they don't like selling them???

Sparky,

Anyone who uses this forum is IT savy enough to want to use their computer. A lot of people still don't like to though. Unless you're dealing with people or businesses that have to sit in front of their computer all day, it's better to phone or fax something like a tyre retailer. You might find that no reply does not mean they don't have any tyres.

Cheers,
Joe

Time to create page: 0.449 seconds