Skip to main content

lots of old trucks auction 8th Nov 08

More
15 years 5 months ago #5285 by Sarge
:D;D:D;D:D
An opportunity knocks, this auction is a 9am start, just outside Wedderburn, some 80 k north of Bendigo.

Lots of trucks, Tractors, steam engines etc etc

lots of photos on line at oldsteel.110mb.com

From what I know the seller is a scrap dealer, only been in this area a couple of years, he has been collecting farm machinery to scrap but keeping the better items out of the crusher (and scrap has fallen from $450 to $200ish)

These Auctioneers always run a good auction.

Word of caution if you go for a look, petrol can be hard to find, particularly Saturday arvo/evening. And pre 0900 hours in the morning.

Might see you there

Sarge :-X

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 years 5 months ago #5286 by Andy Wright
A fair indication, and a sobering one at that, of just what has been going to scrap.

It'd be nice to get up there and check out that Dodge ute for my father-in-law but TKing this weekend so will be gardening the next!

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

More
15 years 4 months ago #5287 by Sarge
If anyone wanted to leave a bid (starting and final) with these auctioneers or a phone bid on the day, assuming they have reception, I would vouch for these guys to NOT run you up or just go with your top offer. The Nevins boys play fair. and they get my business.

Sarge B)

More
15 years 4 months ago #5288 by Sarge
a fun day was had by all, the 2 Western Star prime movers and the two trailers were passed in, the good stuff all sold at least one went to an HCVC member

I will do an auction report for ACC mag.

Sarge B)

15 years 4 months ago #5289 by
What did the Mackay gates go for???. Dave

More
15 years 4 months ago #5290 by Sarge
Dave there were people delivering crates of arms and legs, babies and small children in significant quantities.

And the gates themselves have been recently re-engineered with an oxy and front end loader just to get them to lie resonably flat.

sarge :-X :-/ :-/

Sarge B)

Time to create page: 0.515 seconds