Skip to main content

SPIDERS ANYONE????

More
11 years 7 months ago #92293 by Dingodan
SPIDERS ANYONE???? was created by Dingodan
Dont panic arachnaphobes, its the truck type spiders....
In Toowoomba by the pallet...

http://res0.graysonline.com/handlers/imagehandler.ashx?t=sh&id=1754945&s=o&index=0&ts=634812824143870000

Drum Hubs

http://res1.graysonline.com/handlers/imagehandler.ashx?t=sh&id=1754984&s=o&index=0&ts=634812826769400000

Hubs and Axles....

http://res1.graysonline.com/handlers/imagehandler.ashx?t=sh&id=1754985&s=o&index=0&ts=634812826986730000

and a stack of other stuff that may or may not pertain to the trucking fraternity....

www.graysonline.com/sale/7002490/auto-ac...-components?spr=true

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #92294 by jimbo51
Replied by jimbo51 on topic Re: SPIDERS ANYONE????
Another bit of history down the gurgler - Toowoomba Foundries were a major supplier to the truck and trailer industry for a long time.

More
11 years 7 months ago #92295 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: SPIDERS ANYONE????
were they the same mob that made the Southern Cross Stationary engines, pumps and I think windmills?

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
11 years 7 months ago #92296 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: SPIDERS ANYONE????

Ok
with out Toowoomba

hoo can we now rely on to do the rare n exotic brake drums??

Cya
[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
11 years 7 months ago #92297 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: SPIDERS ANYONE????
Was sort of the same mob, the sons or grandsons took over in the 80's? and went nuts buying the latest casting gear which brought the foundry right up to date, but a downturn saw it go into recievership, Tyco water ended up with the windmill/pump side of it and I think the other part became Toowoomba Wheel Products who supplied hubs and drums to a lot of the Australian Truck manufacturers, Even the bigger Isuzu's with Meritor axles have Toowoomba Wheel products hubs on them. Rob Laurent wrote a very good history on the Toowoomba Foundry available off his website.
www.blueflyer.com.au/

were they the same mob that made the Southern Cross Stationary engines, pumps and I think windmills?

More
11 years 7 months ago #92298 by Dingodan
Replied by Dingodan on topic Re: SPIDERS ANYONE????
CMI Toowoomba was a HUGE concern with a finger in all sorts of pies, maybe too many? The Foundry was just one and it IS for tender in whole or part to be removed. So the question is...WHERE are the mould plugs? The person who has them could have them cast and machined anywhere....... Might be worth someone picking out the desirables...Chances are they are actually computer files these days with the CNC cutting fresh plugs as required? They do have such a beastie in their inventory so wouldnt suprise me.....

More
11 years 7 months ago #92299 by Dingodan
Replied by Dingodan on topic Re: SPIDERS ANYONE????
OK, dont hold your breath, the plugs arent going to be auctioned...issues with ownership...So dont know what their fate will be!

More
11 years 7 months ago #92300 by gilly
Replied by gilly on topic Re: SPIDERS ANYONE????
Hi, I wonder if they hav any old stock of drums to suit the old C with a no 4 Eaton?? Hope any old stock escapes the scrap man. Found out recently, a certain parts supplier had 60 x c180 pistons, believed no one wanted them, so sold to the scrap man for $110 :'(
Front drums hard to get as well!!

Time to create page: 0.526 seconds