Skip to main content

Dodge / Inter 4wd Diesel Wanted

More
8 years 2 months ago #167061 by Kruizin
Thanks bparo. Yes I hear ya, but I'm not too concerned about what the truck was designed for because when it was built we didn't have the same quality roads that we do now. My main concern is getting the revs down while maintaining a decent cruise speed, but keeping up with the traffic flow, lowering the noise factor and hopefully improving fuel efficiency are all factors as well.
I've considered going with 20" wheels but Internationals were a wide 5-stud and mine's 8-stud. I could fix that, but it's not exactly legal!
The Spicer 5831 I have is a .085 top, which won't give me the legs I want by itself, hence search for a T-34. Unfortunately these are about as common as rocking horse shit.
I am considering upgrading to a 1600/1610. These are geared slightly slower again, but it would give me more room to spare. I figure I may have to go for a two piece front shaft either way, but I'm concerned about driveline angles if I have to shorten the rear shaft.
Anyway, I've hijacked Woodrow's thread and I'm curious to see where he's got to with his project.

'73 D1410 4x4 Tray

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #175152 by WoodrowPhathom
Cheers Kruizin, my fellow hcvc perves, per Kruizin' request for an update:

Seem to have scored a fresh cab for IKE, my c1300 4wd Inter, today.

Free collect from farm 100 + km away, a C1200 donor truck, which I hope to get back home this week.

Activity and accumulation towards 'IKE arising' have been on going:
I have an Extra HD tray, 6 by 8 foot already fitted for towing 'goose neck trailer' to which I intend to fabricate higher removable drop sides and rear swinging or dumping gate. Bearfast, Taminda stock all manner of component, fittings, brass bushes etc.etc.etc. They have on the shelf all hing set I may need for such a fabrication. Look em up, example "brass bushes I had once sourced ONS original for $50 plus, got for less than 5 off the Bearfast , Taminda shelf.
This tray I aim to set well back from the cab, leaving space for a 'lift' between it and a tipping head board.

Not yet decided on either of the 'lift options' finger or (high set winch) articulated crane.
Having used both, I have an awareness of limitations and advantages of each.
Favoring the Crane currently, as I was able to score a 'black ridge branded HD 4Wd winch set very cheap, luck can happen, right place right time etc, mostly due to damaged packaging (WTF?). I suspect that the two (crane and winch), in combination will be able to drag serious load such as 'timber poles, billet' up close and get them loaded on to IKE or Trailer.

Observing an apparent 'gap' in vehicle lift capacity at a local vehicle restoration shop 'Ol Skool Customs', I was able to source and supply them a HD (Heavy Duty or Harley Duty) Motorcycle lift, air over hydraulic. This gaining me twelve and one half hours tradesman ''shop work' time, or 25 work time of the owners younger sons. Reckon the boys and I will have the cab swung over in smart order, aiming to 'maximize shop credits'.

Done lots of dirty deeds, been paid dirt cheap, (thanks AC/DC), and even if just going in for rego stuff:
I always present my vehicles, plant and equipment for any mechanical attention, clean.
After a complete under body power wash etc.
IKE will get another scrub and the donor C1200 thorough going over and tub.
Yes, it is all about respect and I do provide it, put it out there, results of , feed back from are stuff for a Sociology Thesis.

Cruiser is going well, Rodeo is gifted to a teen age Nephew, (My wife's un appreciated BMW 320i Covertable, similarly gifted to his sister aged 6 , so yeah my sister their mum really), Darby my Red AT4 114 Dodge continues to be the 'TamVegas Town Ute', cruises Peel St most Saturdays, front bar bench seat more than able to accommodate the still beautiful bride, my self and a few large 'pigging type dog' .

Fondly Yours Woodrow Phathom

More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #188533 by Clance66
Hi Paul, could you send me any info you have on the AA120 4x4? I have just purchased one & am chasing info.
Thanks,
Adam

Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Sarge.

More
6 years 5 months ago #188555 by asw120
Hot damn! 3 doors - it's a Travelall! You lucky...person...:)

What do you want to know?

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clance66

More
6 years 5 months ago #188558 by Clance66
Hi Jarrod, as it has no motor or box I was after pics of the way the engine mounts work, gearbox mounts & also what size pcd the rims are & what other wheels may fit over the 4wd hubs?
Any info on easy emgine swaps would be great to!
Thanks,
Adam

More
6 years 5 months ago #188595 by mikeg
London to a brick on it's an ex Ambo. That 3rd door behind the driver for an attendant is the give away. The PMG had a few as well but the 3rd door was on the passenger side.

More
6 years 5 months ago #188599 by Clance66
Yes Ex Ambo, still has the assistants seat & bandages in the cupboards. Led to believe it was a ambo/rescue vehicle from around Carnarvon Gorge in Qld.

More
6 years 5 months ago #188609 by JOHN.K.
That rings a bell,I think I remember seeing that 30 odd years ago,or more.

More
6 years 5 months ago #188647 by Clance66
That's cool! Any idea where & when? Trying to track down photos of it in it's original format.

More
6 years 4 months ago #189643 by spinnerboy
I had a D1310 4 x 4, wheel bolt pattern same as Dodge, Ford F series, Chev and Hummer in 8 stud. My wheels on the Inter were mid 70's F250 with the safety rims not the old split rims. Hope that is some use.

Time to create page: 0.551 seconds