Skip to main content

Old truck photos

More
13 years 11 months ago #11197 by Rob365
Replied by Rob365 on topic Re: Old truck photos
Great pics 345Scout. One of these Atkinson's may well have been on the cover of the book "Big Rigs Down Under"...

Cheers

Rob

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #11198 by Beaver
Replied by Beaver on topic Re: Old truck photos

There are a heap of photos of his Commer and by all accounts, who would blame him for taking so many photos of such a fine piece of machinery!!! ::)
Al was contracted by A Pittman to move the trams and would do it in tandem with their Federal.

Intriguing photo, I believe it may have been R1 class tram No 1948, being unloaded on a farm near Berrima Junction on the main southern railway line.

I bought this tram in 1965, and have an almost identical photo of it being reloaded for transport to its new home.

The other photos may have been taken in the Joadja area near Mittagong. A large property owner bought about 20 trams for use as storage sheds and accomodation for his staff.

Beaver@ Museum of Fire
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by Beaver.

More
13 years 10 months ago #11199 by Hardtopman
Replied by Hardtopman on topic Re: Old truck photos
Not a very good pic but something you don't see very often on Perth roads. Bogie drive early AACO on Kewdale road the other day

More
13 years 10 months ago #11200 by prodrive
Replied by prodrive on topic Re: Old truck photos

Saw this old Flintstone on the way back from Adelaide a while ago, and I saw it in Melbourne just the other day. the old girl is obviously still paying its way! Anyone know of it? Great to see old trucks like this still earning a living I reckon...

Time to create page: 0.420 seconds