Skip to main content

Leyland Terrier V8 4.4 Petrol Automatic - Moths

More
10 years 5 months ago #127528 by Cuppa
Hi, I have one of these Leyland Terriers sitting in a paddock. It has sat in the same spot unmoved for the past 6 years. Has the same side badge as shown earler in this thread V8 series TR4-51P. It has the Petrol V8 & a 5 speed manual transmission.

If anyone is interested in it , it is yours to take away. I just want it gone as soon as possible. The cab is pretty rusted & it has a rusty cattle crate on it

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #127529 by The Moth
Clearly interested Cuppa, - not sure how I will achieve it but I will be in contact ..

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #127530 by TerrierBus
Hi Moths, I'm in the long part of a resto/motorhome conversion on my Terrier School bus. Interesting reading your posts. My compliance plate shows Leyland Terrier/Auto same as yours, but mine has had a retrofit of a Turner 5 speed (unsure if its a 200 series or 300 series). I purchased an Allison 545 to fit to her, but have doubts about the power that would eat up. would like to post about myproject,and love guidance to the right part of the forum to post and picture.. looking for a genuine split diff for the old girl,and have lots of info about the split skirt piston failures and fixes etc, also have rebuilt Master cyl, and in progess with slave cyls now.. any help I canbe, just ask... cheers Adam
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by TerrierBus.

More
10 years 5 months ago #127531 by The Moth
Suddenly becoming involved with the truck side of Leyland

More
10 years 5 months ago #127532 by Eddy
There was a Terrier around the Swan Hill area on auction some months back.
I missed out on it, but it had my 20 inch wheels, AND a split diff. Trying to track it down again but having not much luck.

Be it firearms or V8 engines, the question is not "why should you have them?"
, but "who are you to demand that I justify them?"

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #127533 by The Moth
I have found only one Terrier at this point with 20 inch wheels
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by The Moth.

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #127534 by The Moth

I am trying to track down an old Bedford in a Melb wreckers that is said to have 20in wheels for you :)

There was a Terrier around the Swan Hill area on auction some months back.
I missed out on it, but it had my 20 inch wheels, AND a split diff. Trying to track it down again but having not much luck.

Unfortunately no joy for Eddie .. I found the old Bedford in the wreckers but it only has 16in wheels .. oh well it was worth a try.
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by The Moth.

More
10 years 4 months ago #127535 by The Moth
Ok - The first pieces of the puzzle start to arrive ..

This is the 1980 Australian Workshop Manual for Terrier trucks and Cub buses .. I have the V8 Petrol supplement already (TP884) and a bit of info in the Allison Automatic

More
10 years 4 months ago #127536 by kenny-mopar
i think Leyland was already a bit mixed up by then ? ?
in the supplement above it says Perkins 5.247 ... they had a Perkins 6.247 (also used by mazda T4100 and the ford trader (Mazda ZB 4.1L engine ) i was in a leyland back in 1995 the poor old truck was struggling to get up a slight incline in 2nd gear the Perkins 6.247 generated 93 hp and 160 lb-ft, just enough to pump black smoke through the exhaust

More
10 years 4 months ago #127537 by Eddy
Drove a 78 Terry with a 6.247 from Darwin to Albury, loaded to the hilt and beyond, about 6 years ago. dint miss a beat, and pretty fair on fuel as I recall. 80kph the whole way.

Be it firearms or V8 engines, the question is not "why should you have them?"
, but "who are you to demand that I justify them?"

Time to create page: 0.452 seconds