Skip to main content

Leyland Terrier V8 4.4 Petrol Automatic - Moths

More
9 years 5 months ago #127578 by The Moth
The Truck is a V8 Auto .. The car a V8 4 Speed .. and they do make a good match

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #127579 by Eddy

8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

.. it does take a bit to get a car up there at the moment .. but a full size P76 does fit on the original steel tray ..

I know where there's a steel Banana-back tray off a Terry ...

Be it firearms or V8 engines, the question is not "why should you have them?"
, but "who are you to demand that I justify them?"

More
9 years 5 months ago #127580 by The Moth

I know where there's a steel Banana-back tray off a Terry ...

I am in love .. you had me at Banana .. any hints to where this beast may be and cost ????

More
9 years 5 months ago #127581 by Eddy
About 10 kms away and prob 5-6 hundred bux ... which is what the bloke paid me for it several years back ... then never used it ;D

Be it firearms or V8 engines, the question is not "why should you have them?"
, but "who are you to demand that I justify them?"

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #127582 by The Moth

About 10 kms away and prob 5-6 hundred bux

Ask the man - I am creative and something might be worked out even considering the distance ..

10 klms away from me is easy , 10klms away from you in SA is a bit more challenging ..

Although entertaining enough, for the mid 2015 charity car rally
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by The Moth.

More
9 years 1 month ago #127583 by TerrierBus

This is my 1977 Terrier - Australian only - Petrol 4.4 litre Aluminium V8 fitted with a

More
9 years 1 month ago #127584 by TerrierBus
G'Day,

I have a Terrier Bus built upon that V8 CHassis.

She was made into a bus by Stewart and Sons in Bundaberg and I am currently doing a motorhome converstion with her. My compliance plate shows the AUTO designation, and by unknowing co-incidence I bought an AT545 4 speed auto from an Isuzu street sweeper to install in her...

I've overhauled her front brakes and still to do the back, and have a KW125 cab to blend into the front of her...

Can't see how to upload pictures and because I have some difficulty with the forums and reading here, I may be a bit slow to get up to speed with the forum interface.

Love to share pictures and chat if anyone is interested..

The old Girl has actually got what I think is a Turner 5speed in her.. I've written to Stewart and Sons to try and get history on her build.. (love to get a copy of the original coachwork drawings) :)

Cheers,

Adam

[img][/img]

More
9 years 1 month ago #127585 by dieseldog
Hey mate, you can find out how to post pictures in the following links. The first is for sharing from Flickr and the second is for Photobucket....

www.hcvc.com.au/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1372590453

www.hcvc.com.au/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1402409236

You're project sounds interesting, grafting a Kenworth cab to a Leyland bus. I remember catching those old Stewart and sons buses to school back in the day. They were slow by todays standards but they were still quite capable of making a dollar and as far as I know, there were still some in school service until recently.

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #127586 by The Moth
The Kenny cab sounds entertaining, I wonder if its a PMC body that was supplied bare and then had the seats and the rest added by "Stewart and Sons" to finish it into a bus - this happened a lot. PMC (Pressed Metal Corp) were owned by Leyland and they built most of the bus bodies here. A photo would give it away as all "Terrier" PMC buses look the same.

Your gearbox would have been a "Turner" as that was the std box.

A large group of the bus chassis were autos and a lot got power steering in the later stages as the whole petrol thing was not what the market wanted at that point (they had gone over to diesel) - so they put the options in as std to "sweeten the pie" and used up what they could in the small buses. Country buses tended to have the 20 inch wheels instead of the 16 inch to improve the cruising ratio of the diff. Nowadays, most truck people are looking for a set of 20 inch wheels for the same reason. You can get 17.5 inch rims out of most of Europe as that
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by The Moth.

More
9 years 1 month ago #127587 by The Moth

Time to create page: 0.655 seconds