Skip to main content

International C and D series transmissions.

More
10 years 2 months ago #135528 by Dave_64
Thanks to all for the information regarding the International mid range series. Sarge, your right, I forgot about Midlands over at Eaglehawk, must be 25 years since I was chasing Scout bits, may be time for a trip over there. When I get a few minutes I will take your suggestion re contacting 'Screwy' and ask for a bit of a chop out. Thanks again, All!

Dave 64

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #135529 by spinnerboy
I recently retired a D1610 with 345 V8, had New Process 4 speed and single speed diff, but only ran 17" wheels.

More
10 years 2 months ago #135530 by Dave_64
Yeah, sounds like Spinnerboys was the same configuration as my mates, 345/NP 435 4speed/single speed diff.Most likely off the shelf order. We'll keep looking, someone somewhere must have a 5 speed overdrive to suit the 345 V8.

Cheers, Dave 64

More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #204721 by Rattail 1927
Hi Dave my truck is a 610a ACCO 4x4 so it has hi and low transfer box 6.16 diff ratio and 20” wheels information information although the speedo doesn’t work I know from a mate I was doing 90-95 km/h my box is 5 speed Eaton with PTO (I’m not saying that it was or wasn’t standard)? May truck is a standard direct 475-SMA BOX.....casThe date tag says 3-83 .... raising more questions than answers, if it wasn’t the original box in it, ?? was it a 4speed...... the 5 speed description. 475-SMA
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by Rattail 1927. Reason: International

More
4 years 3 months ago #204726 by Dave_64
Rat tail, that was a pretty old posting. Have since found out that IH used to run their own race. Smaller ones which used the NP435 was slightly different to Ford and Dodge versions although a lot of internals could be swapped, done it myself. I have been told that also a lot of the 5 speed direct and O/D boxes, along with engine blocks and axle housings were indeed cast in house, it didn’t stop Inter from sourcing components from outside manufacturers like most of the majors. I found their numbering sequences a bit hard to follow, sometimes what they designated as a “T” something or other related to their own trans as well as an outside manufactured one. T17 for example was simply a common old New Process 435 made to Inter specs. Cheers, Dave

More
4 years 3 months ago #204727 by Rattail 1927
Thanks Dave I’ve only had this one week so I’m trying find information on my truck

More
4 years 3 months ago #204728 by JOHN.K.
Inter went into bankruptcy in 1982,and I think the gearbox division was sold to Dana.....anyway ,all the later trucks had the Eaton 5 speed box,up to around 1986,when they started fitting the Spicer Turner.boxes......these are easily ID d by having a continuous housing..no separate top.............The Eaton 475 SMA box is not much chop ,IMHO ,notorious for the synchros falling to pieces ,and failure/brinnelling of the mainshaft front bearing(loose needle rollers).

More
4 years 3 months ago #204732 by Rattail 1927
It’s a much better than the Little 4 peed that come out of a scout.....

Time to create page: 0.501 seconds