Updated 28th July.

If you are unable to login, you probably need to read this change to your username & profile.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Drive About Truck Pics 05 Nov 2021 10:57 #227635

• Lang
  • Thank you received: 6214
Swishy

If that car carrier bloke has 11 inches I will drive for you free for a year.

Lang
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Drive About Truck Pics 05 Nov 2021 11:49 #227636

• Vic Rhodes
  • Thank you received: 34

Legal Ground Clearance here in mekico
Wheelbase x 3.3%
eg 8460mm x 3.3% = 279.18mm = roughly 11inches
WotSezU
cya

Mr Swishy, Read paragraph 21.5

www.infrastructure.gov.au/infrastructure...chnical-requirements
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lang, PDU

Drive About Truck Pics 05 Nov 2021 12:26 #227637

• Lang
  • Thank you received: 6214
That would make that car carrier requiring about 13 inches clearance - no way. It must be special deal under the get out of jail paragraph in italics about special approvals. Or maybe he doesn't care and just soldiers on?

Further looking comes up with most of them only 4-6 inches clearance at their lowest point (well outside the 1 metre from an axle rule). Must be special deal for car carriers - prefer to fix the gutters than the overhead phone lines.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, PaulFH

Last edit: by Lang.

Drive About Truck Pics 05 Nov 2021 14:24 #227641

• JOHN.K.
  • Thank you received: 1096
Maybe,but while the scalies are getting their tape to work,you have flipped a switch and raised the airbags enough to make it legal.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Morris

Drive About Truck Pics 05 Nov 2021 21:38 #227667

• cobbadog
  • Thank you received: 1462
Yesterday driving p the highway to Nambucca Heads we were followed and stalked by the mermaids/scalies checking out the caravan, coupling, lights, load sharing bars and safety chains then slowly drove passed us. They were definately looking for a reason to have a chat. Not long after they went by they chucked a U turn and went on the hunt on the South bound side. There were plenty of candy cars from Johns River to Kempsey and the lone copper standing next to the bushes holding his radar gun. We always wave to them as we go by.
Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe.
STUBBOURN B@ST@RD

Drive About Truck Pics 06 Nov 2021 12:57 #227692

• Swanny
  • Thank you received: 148
Cobbadog you must have been just in front or behind me I saw him also as I was driving up to see my grand daughter at Ellenbrough, I blew him a kiss and the wife gave me a strange look LOL

Last edit: by Swanny.

Drive About Truck Pics 06 Nov 2021 13:21 #227694

• 600Dodge
  • Thank you received: 255

Yesterday driving p the highway to Nambucca Heads we were followed and stalked by the mermaids/scalies checking out the caravan, coupling, lights, load sharing bars and safety chains then slowly drove passed us. They were definately looking for a reason to have a chat. Not long after they went by they chucked a U turn and went on the hunt on the South bound side. There were plenty of candy cars from Johns River to Kempsey and the lone copper standing next to the bushes holding his radar gun. We always wave to them as we go by.

I normally wave something at them as I go by.

Drive About Truck Pics 05 Dec 2021 21:02 #229040

• BillyP
  • BillyP's Avatar Topic Author
  • I wish i could remember all the things i have forgotten...
  • Thank you received: 585
A while back we went up to our son and his wifes farm for a couple of weeks ..................
A bit of a clean up after the mice plague was in order, so first on the list was to get an old KW cabover out
of a hay shed into a cleaner lock up area.............
So Ian sez we may as well fire the 8V71T up and drive it over as it hasnt run for a long time................
No batteries in it, just a mass of leads from the series / parralell set up...............
The shed solar system has N70 batteries , so we grabs two (that will do to fire her up)............hooks the first one
up OK, second one shoots out a shower of sparks, Checks the mass of wiring out again, then another shower of sparks......
What in the hell is going on here ?????????????????/
Bugger it.............we shall skull drag the thing over to the new shed and have another bo-peep this arvo ..............

Tis arvo comes with the same shower of sparks from the second battery, then Ian grabs a tester and checks the batteries,..
Thats strange .........the second battery checks ars about face polarity
I had heard about that but had never see it before............
Couldnt have been like that from new.......so we assume it must have been flattened on the solar setup ,then been hooked
up and charged ars about face..........yeah took a little while to sort that out...........
OK, we are now ready to give her a whirl..............
I thought i might take a couple of pics of this .........(didnt think about making a proper video till after the event).........
Damm it..........So i have glued a few things together to resemble a video ...(well,,,sort of ).

So,,,,,,Here it is ..................
You might get the general gist of things from this.............

.....................Billy...................
I CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING & STILL HAVE MOST OF IT.........................
The following user(s) said Thank You: eerfree, Inter- Action, Lang, Mrsmackpaul, overlander, PaulFH, asw120, xspanrman, oliver1950

Drive About Truck Pics 05 Dec 2021 21:14 #229041

• wee-allis
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 919
That should have sorted some of the mice out if nothing else. Love the sound.

Drive About Truck Pics 05 Dec 2021 21:35 #229042

• 600Dodge
  • Thank you received: 255
Any "ether" added to help with the start?

Time to create page: 0.446 seconds

Historic Commercial Vehicles Club of Australia Inc.  Post: P.O. Box 2020 Bayswater Vic. 3153    Clubrooms: Unit 8 / 4  Macquarie Place Boronia    Club Phone: 0400 025 525    Club Rooms:  03) 9738 1558