Skip to main content

Aussie Peterbilts and owners

• Topic Author
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #155218 by
Gday all .. the bloody forum is looking as dead as a maggot lately, so i'll chuck up a topic that may generate a bit of interest...and who knows where that may lead ??...(off topic discussions gratefully accepted!!)......

...give me a name of a transport company or anyone who operated any one of our mid '60's Peterbilts right through their heyday and i'll chuck up anything i know about their particular Pete, the ch/no it is or was, and what eventually happened to it or where it now resides .. bearing in mind that current day privacy would need to be protected 8-) 8-)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #155219 by Mrsmackpaul
who owned the one hooked on the front of a Fruehauf cattle trailer on a cover of truck and bus in the early 70's ??

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

• Topic Author
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #155220 by
Replied by on topic Re: Aussie Peterbilts and owners
...i know the cover pic...a yankee blow in file photo ...not one of ours....

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #155221 by werkhorse
Here's one for ya Phil ..... Or more ;) ;D

Alltrans

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

• Topic Author
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #155222 by
start with one chassis at a time will ya werk! ;D...cabovers 22033 to 22035 and conventionals 22058 through to 22065... dispersed to the multitudes over many years 8-) 8-)

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #155223 by Swishy
PeteDetectiveBuilt
Gudday M8

Kevin May
Maroon Color COE Petermade
Maroondah Hwy, Burnt Bridge, Ringwood, Victoria

Lez C wot develops

LOL
cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #155224 by werkhorse
Maybe a better option for you is to start with the first and work ya way through them .... ;) :P ;D

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

• Topic Author
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #155225 by
...Hi Swishy .. Kevin May worked as a subby alongside Nick Tol in with Mercury Tpt carting East-West when Peterbilt Australia part owner and salesman Bob Larkin approached them one day in the West early in 1964 to consider purchasing a Peterbilt each... with ongoing work to be provided by Mainline Tpt. The deal was done and both subcontractors enjoyed regular ongoing work for a couple of years until the cessation of Mainlines' activities when at that point, Mainline sold out to Peter Abele's "Alltrans".

Kevin May eventually traded the Peterbilt for a brand new W model Kenworth in 1968 and enjoyed a few more years of highway work before giving the game away...

his Peterbilt went through a succession of owners beyond the late '60's with Reg Childs, Bede Gallagher, Roy Hayden and truck broker Roger Coombs fitting into the picture at this late stage..

...Geoff McDonald had her in her last serious days on interstate work carting spuds out of Thorpedale (Vic) to markets all over ...beyond that, it was all downhill from there... but she still survives, although modified beyond recognition....ch/no 15983

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #155226 by mammoth
Harvest contractor based at Tabulam NSW had/has a couple of nice Petes. Never seen them get a mention anywhere.

• Topic Author
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #155227 by
...John at Harvest Haul in Tabulam has had a few Peterbilts owned or operated in his firm over the last 20 odd years...

...cabover sleeper ch/no 19426..ex Forbes meats (now a wreck) ch/no 17789...ex Australian Fertilisers Limited, and also ch/no 19163...ex Joe Hari (Cabramatta Haulage/Topline Tpt)....both these conventionals on seasonal roadtrain work (ex PCT Roadlines) also the recent sub contractor roadtrain that was once PCT's mainstay big banger later owned by Millen Donovan (R.I.P.) ch/no 19422

Time to create page: 0.526 seconds