7 years 7 months ago #173822 by paulc20
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: rex

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #173825 by rex
Replied by rex on topic 2400 HP Record breaking Volvo
Thanks Paul
While it may take a little while there is no doubt Swishy will have an answer.
As I have said previously the choice of Truck we purchase is about making money, the Trucks we enjoy are a totaly different thing.
When I look at the competition in Europe namely Volvo, Scania, Mercedes, MAN, DAF. that pretty much takes in the major players, with DAF lagging a little, with Scania and MAN being part of the VW group, it is really about three players that will slog it out in the future.
Over the Years we have seen many names dissapear and it is almost always because they did not keep up with our need for a better product being their demise.
Far be it for me to predict the future but for now there is no doubt in my mind that the European technology is racing to the finish line with no real challenger and if it does come it won't be from America.
But as Swishy says wot would I know.
Rex

Making a small effort to save the history of road transport in Australia by being in front of Simms

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #173827 by defective
...there will be only one truck in the end....And it will be produced by World Incorporated Lol !
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by defective.

More
7 years 7 months ago #173828 by 235mack
Sorry Defective but it will be called a Tesla and powered by that new fangled stuff called electricty B)

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
7 years 7 months ago #173833 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic 'V' Bus luverz dun clik here
ReX
M80

The euro mob made the new rules n then cheated as in VWDieselG8
this B the tip of the iceberg n many Euro makers R in the same bag include n trucks

No wunder C@ got out of Automotive Engines (Trucks)

cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH
Attachments:

More
7 years 7 months ago #173849 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic 'V' Bus luverz dun clik here
which reminds me Swishy is your Golf a diesel? We you caught up with the emissions lawsuit that buyers are taking against VW? I have had people so loyal to the VW brand that they can't see they were lied to!

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
7 years 7 months ago #173852 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic 'V' Bus luverz dun clik here
BruceMan
Gudday m8

VW long gorn Bout 3 years ago
I found the local VW mob arrogant n din wanno kno about stuff under warranty
got rid of it B 4 it got costly to me
Traded in on a Hyundai i30 Diesel Doodadd ...Tiz very well presented
The handbrake she B very happy wiff it
If u were in a major prang May B the VW would B more safer
but hoo drives or owns a vehicles to prang
LOL
cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
7 years 7 months ago #173855 by Zuffen
Replied by Zuffen on topic 'V' Bus luverz dun clik here
For the last 25 years we have driven Mercedes Benz vehicles (most not new) on the basis we could have that big prang.

Over a 20 year period of insuring high end cars the only make we never lost a client in was a Benz and we insured a lot more of them than any other make.

We purchased a new VW Polo for our eldest when on his Learner's Permit, just in case and then purchased new Renault Clio for our youngest, again, just in case.

We figured we'd spent too much raising them to kill em off by buying a cheap car.

More
7 years 7 months ago #173867 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic 'V' Bus luverz dun clik here
Nothing wrong with the I30. Methinks the Koreans have caught up to the Japanese in terms of quality. Have one at work, fitted out and used as a panel van (Otis service vehicle). Zero problems in almost 4 years of heavy commercial use. It has airbags everywhere, I wouldn't be worried in a prang. Cheaper cars aren't what they used to be. (thankfully) Really good on fuel too, compared to the Focus it replaced (which was a POS).

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
7 years 7 months ago #174111 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic 'V' Bus luverz dun clik here
My wife drives an I30 diesel wagon. Very good on fuel but I find the seats get uncomfortable on a long trip. It just had it's 60,000 km service and is 2 3/4 years old

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

Time to create page: 0.565 seconds