Skip to main content

'V' Bus luverz dun clik here

More
4 years 2 months ago #206797 by Morris
Replied by Morris on topic 'V' Bus luverz dun clik here
The answer must be "vAlvU.
Anything else would be too naughty for us clean-living boy scout types!

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #207267 by V8Ian
Replied by V8Ian on topic 'V' Bus luverz dun clik here
Swishy's on the small screen.

Point two is very pertinent, in Oz.
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by V8Ian.

More
4 years 1 month ago #207269 by Zuffen
Replied by Zuffen on topic 'V' Bus luverz dun clik here
He gave 5 rather silly reasons he wouldn't buy a VOLVO and 10 reason why you should bu one.

I think he's Swishy's Cousin?

More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #207272 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic 'V' Bus luverz dun clik here
Zuffen

You are right just waffle at the pub. Not one sensible reason to not buy Volvo and several good reasons to buy them.

He does not look like a billionaire national trucking company owner. He does not understand that the ONLY reason to buy a new truck is to make money. The big boys don't care if the trucks are designed in Baluchistan and look like a wart-hog, they have done their sums and worked out that Volvos (and Freightliners - another Euro owned company) make them more money than anything else on the market.

All the pluses and minuses calculated from data over fleets of several thousand trucks hold a lot more water for me than some bloke who just "does not like the look of them" and is waiting to hit a lost and thirsty moose coming out of the desert in New Mexico.

Lang
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by Lang.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zuffen

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
4 years 1 month ago #207305 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic 'V' Bus luverz dun clik here
From nuther post
600 Dodge Sumd it up

The company I work for has a pretty even mix of KW, Volvo and MB with a few Scanias in the mix as well. The only thing that the steering wheel attendants can't destroy is KW, the only thing the steering wheel attendants don't complain about is KW, the only thing we don't have to recover from miles out in the bush at a huge cost is KW, the only brand that has a decent parts back up is KW and the only brand that doesn't deny any and all warranty claims is KW and to top it off the only brand that the mechanics don't despise working on is KW. The supposed fuel saving of europuss means zero if they spend the majority of the time unusable.

Oh

the truth hurtz

LOL

Thanx 600D

cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #208009 by rex
Replied by rex on topic 'V' Bus luverz dun clik here
Hi Lang
Correct we buy the trucks that can do the job and with gross weights more often in the 150 tonne region the drive line is of paramount importance and that is where both Volvo and Mercedes are pretty much unbreakable. In fact other than an occasional oil seal we have never replaced a major component in any of our trucks drive axles.
As for the post where the steering wheel attendants complain and the mechanics hate working on them pretty much sums it up what chance do these trucks hated by the workforce have a chance.
To sum it up we can pay our bills on time have money in the bank and owe a great deal of it to European trucks.
Rex

Making a small effort to save the history of road transport in Australia by being in front of Simms
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave_64, Morris, Lang, 235mack

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #208020 by cobbadog
The other thing to consider is one operator on the vehicle not sharing with others. The machine I operated yeas back was only ever used by me and had the lowest break down rate in the fleet, 2 hydraulic hoses in the same year. Apparently I was the only one that always had my hand out for the grease cartridges and I used them and it showed all bushes and pins were in as new condition even after 5 years of use. Same with the Kenworth across the road, when the driver has a holiday it gets parked up on an empty block of ground down the road, too many jockies driving the other trucks in the fleet and breaking them and the fuel bill on them is way higher than this one here. Difference is a driver or a drover.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: xspanrman

More
3 years 11 months ago #209102 by Zuffen
Replied by Zuffen on topic 'V' Bus luverz dun clik here
Mate,

You gotta stop playing with your dolls.

The other Kenny guys will be jealous.

• Swishy
More
3 years 11 months ago #210214 by Swishy
WotCanEyeSay

WotSezU?

cya

Attachments:

• Swishy
More
3 years 10 months ago #211423 by Swishy
https://scontent.fmel10-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/102669540_10217168117699689_467432912201045894_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=1480c5&_nc_ohc=4lom5fBTnI0AX83SHx8&_nc_ht=scontent.fmel10-1.fna&oh=26360fe2694087cc271f042045a73a04&oe=5F0BFBE0

WotSezU?

U Happy?

cya

Time to create page: 0.592 seconds