Skip to main content

Deisel Engines in R190 International

More
6 years 11 months ago #181974 by cliffo
Can anyone tell me if diesel motors were factory fitted to Inter 190 trucks and if so what make of motor were they. Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #181979 by JOHN.K.
Yes,various small 6cyl Cummins diesel,C160,175,supercharged 180 etc.All the same block.I have no doubt Inter would have fitted anything suitable sizewize,like a 4/71.I have seen plenty with 6v53s in them but dont know if thats original.Some say you cant get a SIVS rego without the correct motor,but Ive seen 190s with Perk354s and 400 Leylands in them with hobby plates.Incidentally,C160s are a problematic motor for a beginner who isnt a billionaire,and the 400 is easy to find and fits straight in.Write Cummins on the rocker cover ,and most club inspectors wouldnt know the difference.

More
6 years 11 months ago #181986 by d23j
I thought about fitting a modern C 275 when the dollar was higher

More
6 years 11 months ago #181988 by oldgmc
In america they had a diesel petrol 450ci started on petrol and when warm you turned it over to diesel

Old trucks will make you poor but not unhappy

More
6 years 11 months ago #182002 by cliffo
Thanks for that John K. Do you know if the Cummins NH220 was a factory fit in bogie drive 190s?

More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #182014 by werkhorse
I know a handful of L series and I think about 2-3 R series were imported with Buda Diesels

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by werkhorse.
The following user(s) said Thank You: melonreo

More
6 years 11 months ago #182017 by JOHN.K.
I didnt mention that.Viktor Shapolov did some kind of clever?deal that netted a fleet of Buda engined 190s.Absolute garbage,but he loaded them into a company he sold off to suckers.The 190 is the model asked .they werent a big truck by any means.And had a habit of breaking in half behind the cab.I remember one broken in half on the old Coorparoo railway crossing.The small bogie was the RF195,there were lots in govt fleets with 450 petrols.Next up was the later RF205A,a fleet on the Gold Coast with V6/71s and 5x3 trannies.Belonged to a readymix company.The big ones were the RF405s and 407s,which did have big 6/743ci Cummins motors or big petrols.Some yankee oil explorers had them.I cut up a couple for scrap,they had the thickest chassis Ive ever seen on a truck.

More
5 years 10 months ago #194198 by melonreo
there was a L190 at the Golden OLDIES truck show in Dubbo years ago, and it had a BUDA engine fitted

Time to create page: 0.439 seconds